Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
9,561 - 9,580 of 9,709 Posts
Put a set of 2 up-2 back chubby bars (2" dia.) with Avon large dia. grips to make long rides a bit more comfortable, on my shoulders and hands. Converted the rear turn signals to red run/turn/brake for some added 'notice'. Replaced the original battery with a new one from Deka. Changed the oil and filter and checked the tire pressures.

I leave for Rapid City Tuesday. 😎

4,163 miles later and the CC and I are back from S.D. where we shared visits to Rushmore, Spearfish canyon, Custer State Park which included runs of Iron Mt. and Needles Hwy and visits to downtown Sturgis and Deadwood.. And, for good measure, a run to Devils Tower. She's earned a good bath and another oil&filter change.

Went riding yesterday, nice day.

Reactions: Strew3
rode over and took my niece's daughter's daughter for her first motorcycle ride....I was 8 when my sister's husband took me for my first ride, I got a bike at 10 and have never been without one since...wonder if this will have the same effect 8)

Rode from Rome, GA to Chattsworth. Then over Ft Mountain to Biguns BBQ in Talking Rock. Then back to Rome. About 150 miles. Rt 52 over Ft Mountain has about 45 minutes of great twisties.

Got my shipper in touch with my 2012 Cross Country seller. Shipping from Florida to Ohio for $400. This is my first bagger, I am more of a sport touring guy but I couldn't pass this deal up.
Post some pictures when you get it home.

Reactions: joewillie
One of my favorite times to ride during the year and it just keeps raining. 🤬😡

Reactions: joewillie
Where you located? We've had a beautiful stretch of weather for the past two weeks. It's been great!. But in the back of your mind, we know what's coming!
Appleton, Wisconsin

And yes I do know what’s coming which is why the constant rain has sucked so much lately.

Finally got around to putting the Magnum Apes on my XC.
Went from these that had my wrist too straight...
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

To these in chrome. So far I like them a lot better. They are a couple of inches lower but that's not a bad thing in this case. I've had them for years; just now swapping them out. If I still like them after a long ride I'll probably sell the other ones but they are big and will require a big box and expensive shipping.
Auto part Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Bicycle part Font

I'm in the process of swapping out some leaky fork seals. I found out the Kingpin seals, even thought they both have inverted forks, are not the same size as the XC seals. Drat. Also found my front tire has a lot of dry age cracks so time to change that tire out as well.

The good news is it's an easy job anyone can do in their home garage. No need to take it in to a shop. At almost 30k miles the fork fluid is still fairly clear. I can see why Depot Picker was able to go as long as he did without changing the fluid. I have no doubt it could easily go 60k miles as long as the seals held up.

9,561 - 9,580 of 9,709 Posts