Pin 43045-1053
O-ring 43058-1100

(Specifics for the Kawasaki pins)
Thank you Otab!

Reactions: otab

·
Registered
568 Posts
We may not be talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the bolts that hold the front calipers to the front forks.
Thanks BBob, but yeah I am talking about the pad retaining pins. I think a hex head pin there would be a good solution, if there is enough room for the head to seat with thin walled socket access.

·
Premium Member
15,775 Posts
Thanks BBob, but yeah I am talking about the pad retaining pins. I think a hex head pin there would be a good solution, if there is enough room for the head to seat with thin walled socket access.
My 2011 XC doesn't have retaining pins in the front calipers. Must be different designs. You have a Hardball right?

Edit: Yes they do. Each front one has a single pin but it comes out easily by hand. I don't know what I was thinking....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thank you all for your help.
I really appreciate it. The kawa part nos have been recorded in my maintenance notes.
My 2011 XC doesn't have retaining pins in the front calipers. Must be different designs. You have a Hardball right?
Yeah, 2013 HardBall, so really just a blacked out Cross Roads

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,342 Posts
I did buy one of those kawi pins to confirm they are the same. I think I said that on that linked thread but don't remember.

They want too much for the tiny o-ring. I'd probably try to reuse the old one if I was switching pins.

Honda looks to be same pin too but haven't had time to go to my dad's to check my old VTX Nissin calipers.

Reactions: ObiSteve

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
You can buy various size o-rings at Lowes. Do you think they would have the size necessary?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
You can buy various size o-rings at Lowes. Do you think they would have the size necessary?
Think I checked that.
Need to check the real hardware store.
Not sure the purpose of the o-ring on the pin being on the end of the pin.

·
Registered
568 Posts
View attachment 255114 The guy I bought it off hasn’t left much for me to do. What isn’t a Cory Ness accessory is Arlen Ness or custom made Cory Ness lazer cut logos on cheese wedges and front grille . I’ll fit a set of mini apes, hydraulic clutch and maybe some performance mods.
Welcome aboard Marco, from just down the road :)

Reactions: Marco57

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
View attachment 255114 The guy I bought it off hasn’t left much for me to do. What isn’t a Cory Ness accessory is Arlen Ness or custom made Cory Ness lazer cut logos on cheese wedges and front grille . I’ll fit a set of mini apes, hydraulic clutch and maybe some performance mods.
Seat looks interesting.
Guessing they cut and changed up the foam in it with the different covering.

·
Premium Member
15,775 Posts
Seat looks interesting.
Guessing they cut and changed up the foam in it with the different covering.
I have the same seat. For being a lower profile seat it's still comfy. Well; all seats cause my butt to burn after a while but this one is better than most I've had and I've tried a lot of 'em. The suede on top is a little concerning for wet weather. I use a Beadrider over the top in the summer.

·
Registered
2013 Cory Ness Cross Country Tour #30
14 Posts
I have the same seat. For being a lower profile seat it's still comfy. Well; all seats cause my butt to burn after a while but this one is better than most I've had and I've tried a lot of 'em. The suede on top is a little concerning for wet weather. I use a Beadrider over the top in the summer.
So I take it that’s the stock Cory Ness seat then ?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ah didn't know they had a unique seat on the Ness bikes. Thought the prior owner modified it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks old school Steve from old school Marco 😂
I keep thinking about retiring the ObiSteve name, run a post both here and on the other place "ObiSteve is dead!" and introduce Old School Steve, drop the avatar of the HardBall out on a salt lake in South Australia, replace it with an image of both 'Balls out the front of the old school. After all, I sold the Obi land 8 months ago.
But I can be a bit lazy.
Nice to have a pic of one of the alloy frames you're making for 500 Yam classic MX thumpers as your avatar.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Stay Obi. You'll just confuse the rest of us if you change now.

Reactions: BBob
9621 - 9638 of 9638 Posts