Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
9661 - 9679 of 9679 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,822 Posts
Totaled it. Actually, did that on the 28th, but insurance just confirmed it today. Fun times. Luckily I do have a second bike to ride. Probably looking at getting a H-D RoadGlide to replace my Vic.
That sucks.
Hope you are okay.

·
Administrator
2,744 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your Victory. See what you think of the seated posture on the HD touring bikes. I hate their posture. I am not a tall man - 5'-9.5" tall but on all the HD tourers I feel like my feet sit up too high. This causes my upper leg to feel like my knee is higher than my hip and my knee is bent at a 90° angle. I hate this posture. I love the more stretched out position available on the Victory XC and XCT bikes. I sat on an Indian Roadmaster about 2 weeks ago (stopped at the Greenville Indian dealer while waiting for the delayed flight at GSP on which my mom was arriving for a visit). While it does not have as stretched out a seating position as the XC/XCT, it allows for a much more comfortable posture than do the HD touring bikes.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your Victory. See what you think of the seated posture on the HD touring bikes. I hate their posture. I am not a tall man - 5'-9.5" tall but on all the HD tourers I feel like my feet sit up too high. This causes my upper leg to feel like my knee is higher than my hip and my knee is bent at a 90° angle. I hate this posture. I love the more stretched out position available on the Victory XC and XCT bikes. I sat on an Indian Roadmaster about 2 weeks ago (stopped at the Greenville Indian dealer while waiting for the delayed flight at GSP on which my mom was arriving for a visit). While it does not have as stretched out a seating position as the XC/XCT, it allows for a much more comfortable posture than do the HD touring bikes.
I’m going to ride one next week. So I’ll let you know. I’m about a half inch taller than you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re-adjusted my handlebars (seems that my arms are getting shorter?), and rode up to Lolo pass on ID state hwy 12. "winding road next 99 miles."

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
328 Posts
Totaled it. Actually, did that on the 28th, but insurance just confirmed it today. Fun times. Luckily I do have a second bike to ride. Probably looking at getting a H-D RoadGlide to replace my Vic.
I hope you are ok with no injuries!

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Actually about 3 weeks ago, but who pays that close of attention to calendars anyway?

Sold it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Have several projects to get done in next few days. First up was new tires on both ends. Got that accomplished Sunday. New Shinko 777 went on. Also I had the exhaust pipe that had split up by rear cylinder. So I found a entire exhaust front cyl to rear and crossover. It was off a 2010 I think it was Vision, but per the parts manual, same number. Got it all mounted and was trying to put the left side 90 deg pipe that goes to muffler on and its like .130" or so larger in diameter. I have run an exhaust pipe spreader in it, but I was pooped and have not finished yet.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
So FYI the Vision exhaust works, but there is a tab not on it that was on the XC exhaust. As mentioned there was some difference in the inlet/outlet for the 90 deg on left side. I got it to go over and got to take it out for test ride tonight. Well I had too. A couple blocks from home on way home today the truck had a vibration and felt like had something dragging. Quick inspection when I got home, left rear brake much hotter than the rest.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Biggest thing is not getting people to pull out in front of you.
They look they will see multiple points of light and to me that stands out a hell of a lot better than having driving lights next to headlight. All blends into one that way and not as visible. Just my 2¢ as a rider and driver.

9661 - 9679 of 9679 Posts