Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My thinker gets a little too active sometimes when I'm riding.

The other day I'm riding and see lots of house and hardly ever see any real live people outside... of course you could fry an egg on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

Got me to thinking... we have all types of things to entertain ourselves or keep us busy when not at work.

Way back yonder... years ago when some of you did not have all the tech like what we have now, what did you do? You get tired of reading. You can only make so many babies.

I know! You cook, sleep, wash, cut grass, clean, and so and so forth. But, when you didn't have to do all that...

I'm way out in the middle of nowhere and see a house and wonder why the heck do they want to live so far away from every thing? Aren't you bored? What are doing in there... just sitting? You don't have cable, or internet, or mobile service. Are your brains just mush... did I need to knock on your door and get you all caught up with whats happening in the world or just 50 miles down the road? :ltr:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dill, they have psychologists for that.:rolleyes:
:ltr: go suck an egg... I'm just worried there are a bunch of old folks just sitting in there without stimulation. Sitting in the dark. Not eating right. Sorry a$$ children not looking after them. Bugs me!

Heck! Maybe I'll just stop and knock on that door...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ever since 'affordable' A/C & then A/C becoming the norm, it is almost rare to see people 'out' without a purpose . Have ya noticed how new homes have almost no front porch ? Back in the 70's ? decks became popular, but they're in the back yard & not as 'friendly' ? as a front porch. And how much time do folks actually spend on them ? Most have become a status symbol for that once-a-year barbecue .

With all the electronic communication, I phone / text this & that, cashless society, direct deposit , & now I-phone ordering grocery's ,in home entertainment ....we are losing our social skills , & IMO desire for human contact.

Even kids don't play outside like they used to.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay! I found out what people are doing...

They are not home because of this.

Americans failed to use 429 million days of paid time off last year, the U.S. Travel Association reports. Those who get vacation time are taking less

They are all workaholics and need a motorcycle and access to the internet. Not enough money? Sell all your junk, put your wife/kids in a trailer and go ride for crying out loud. :Dcheersthumb up

·
Registered
632 Posts
For the last few years When i'm not riding, I ensconce myself in my garage sometimes for weeks at a time and pull all the shades down tight and work on my secret formula to develop powered water for Poland Springs.... The weight savings by shipping Powered Water verses liquid Water will save the company Millions, So when i sell the formula to Poland Springs i'll cash in big time..... Think about it you put the powdered water in a glass and add water and then instant water.. Don't laugh they make powered milk don't they??

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No kidding aside... I made a fortune inventing the female part to velcro back when I worked for NASA.

Jason Stone had invented the male part and then could not figure out how to make it work... he was stuck! He came to talk to me, I took the part and laid it on the inside of my winter coat and told him I'd take a look. We were outside at the time and it was a little cool. A crow landed on my coat... thought it strange because it had something on its head that looked like a vale. It was pecking on the strip in my coat and couldn't get it off.

I named it... val-crow.

·
Registered
754 Posts
:ltr: go suck an egg... I'm just worried (I'm sure not! I have my own life to worry about)) there are a bunch of old folks just sitting in there without stimulation. Sitting in the dark. (Tell them to install paper towels near their computer like you have and start "stimulating" themselves in the dark if it makes you feel better!) Not eating right. Sorry a$$ children not looking after them. Bugs me!

Heck! Maybe I'll just stop and knock on that door...
If you life ain't perfect then then start with YOU! Not other people or their kids. wac :D

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
No kidding aside... I made a fortune inventing the female part to velcro back when I worked for NASA.

Jason Stone had invented the male part and then could not figure out how to make it work... he was stuck! He came to talk to me, I took the part and laid it on the inside of my winter coat and told him I'd take a look. We were outside at the time and it was a little cool. A crow landed on my coat... thought it strange because it had something on its head that looked like a vale. It was pecking on the strip in my coat and couldn't get it off.

I named it... val-crow.
:ltr:thumb up

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
We know what your doing.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
The problem with thinking while riding is that you are not concentrating. I have to remind myself--stop thinking and concentrate!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I believe the guy who invented Velcro got the idea when he was pulling burrs from his socks..

nothing wrong with living out of town .,you can do what you want when you want and no sticky beak neighbors

1 - 20 of 32 Posts