Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if the clubs still adhered to Harleys only now that there is another American mfg.

After half a century riding Harley-Davidsons, Barger - an Army veteran who was raised during World War II and taught to buy American - now straddles a bike from a different U.S. manufacturer: a 2008 Victory Vision he purchased for $1 from legendary custom builder Arlen Ness.

Read more:

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/stage/articles/2010/07/11/20100711sonny-barger-hall-angels-book-lets-ride-guide-motorcycling.html#ixzz2agk0m7T5

·
Registered
207 Posts
No it is not just Harley most clubs have an American made policy at least here and in Southern California. At least if your talking about 1% clubs and more strict or older M.C.'s

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That is funny because there is no American made bikes, just bikes that are assembled in America with a large portion of American made parts.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'm in an MC and ride the only Victory. I dragged a prospect to the dealership when the demo van was there and now he's looking at one as well.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There isn't suddenly another American manufacturer. Besides the 15 year history of Victory, since the 80's there have been a couple dozen S&S and Revtech boutique builders and a slew of unique builders: Indian, Ridley, Confederate, Boss Hoss, Excelsior to name a few.
Victory is crafting a page in the history of American motorcycling. What it isn't is the only other chapter in the book.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Met a Hell's Angel member last year and had a great conversation about his new love. 12 High Ball. #4 bike in his stable and to date his favorite to ride. Says its more comfy than his SG. Loves the black and white theme. This dude was every bit of 6' 6" and 275lbs and fit that HB like it was made for him.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Didn't the 1% clubs define the words Custom and Chop Shop ?

As in, probably mostly Harley parts, but not all defineable...

·
Registered
57 Posts
M/c's that say American are mostly riding Harley's and will be that way for the foreseeable future. Clubs with no requirement seems like they have lots of imports some Harley's and every now and then a Vic. My m/c has lots of imports a few Harley's and my Vic. Some say they like my vegas and would like to own one but I think when they leave the import they will get a harley .

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
Sonny Barger

Sonny Barger, founding member of the Oakland, California, U.S. chapter of the Hells Angels MC.
6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f1e8f4d3970b-800wi.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is funny because there is no American made bikes, just bikes that are assembled in America with a large portion of American made parts.
I'm sorry..this is just stupid. 75%+/- american made parts assembled in Iowa/Milwaukee or F#cking Minnesota is AMERICAN MADE!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sorry..this is just stupid. 75%+/- american made parts assembled in Iowa/Milwaukee or F#cking Minnesota is AMERICAN MADE!
By Auto industry standards that would be a domestic American vehicle. cheers

Sorry to leave out the small mfgs. I intentionally listed the 2 biggest American companies. I don't know the domestic content of Harleys.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
No, if it was American made every single thing on the machine would be made here. Hate to bust your bubble but there has not been a truly 100% American made mass produced vehicle in many years. If it has parts from other countries then it is just assembled here. Even if the parts are made here many of the components from those parts could come from anywhere in the world.
I also own a Toyota Tundra that is made here and has around a 72% American parts content. Is my truck an American made vehicle even though it is Japanese owned? I also own a Chevrolet Silverado that was assembled in Canada. Is this truck American made?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, if it was American made every single thing on the machine would be made here. Hate to bust your bubble but there has not been a truly 100% American made mass produced vehicle in many years. If it has parts from other countries then it is just assembled here. Even if the parts are made here many of the components from those parts could come from anywhere in the world.
I also own a Toyota Tundra that is made here and has around a 72% American parts content. Is my truck an American made vehicle even though it is Japanese owned? I also own a Chevrolet Silverado that was assembled in Canada. Is this truck American made?
Good point, I live few miles from Nissan and is one of the largest employers if not the largest, but it is a Japan owned company and hires a lot of Americans, my only issue with them now is they have out source so much of that plant.

I know it is the wave of the future, still the out source people are Americans or I hope so...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts