Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed and waxed the jackpot today. Decided to take her out for a ride. I have owned this bike for 8 years now and still can't get over that it belongs to me. I love this bike! I never bought her to impress anyone but she get plenty of looks and compliments. What a machine!Before i bought this i really wanted a harley fat boy but when i went to buy the dealer was no now where in sight.. No salesman to help me. Guess i didn't fit the the "biker" look. A friend of mine, told me of victorys. I never heard of them. Remember this was 2007. So my next stop was the vic dealer.I think i should send harley a thank you for helping me choose a victory. Dont misunderstand, i do like some of the harleys. I think it sucks that victory cut production on the jackpot. When any of you ride your vics do you feel the same way?

·
Registered
53 Posts
What I like best that it's not a Harley! :D I've always been the type that wanted something different...to not "go with the flow" I can ride down the road and see 15 Harleys in a 5 mile ride. I get lots of those looks where they are trying not to look but they can't help it. I just know they are thinking "Man, that's a sweet bike!"

I like the fact that it's made in Iowa and some of the parts are made right down the road from me.

It's a great bike and very comfy for me and the little w.oman

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I appreciate that my XR has a low seat height, yet great lean angle for working the twisties. I like that it doesn't try to look like anything but a Victory. I don't mind at all that I am usually the only one with a Victory. Other things to like: comfort, ride, long floorboards, huge removable cases, removable backrest and rack, removable windshield, American made with more US content than H-D.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Nothing else really fit as good, no problems......:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its the only bike I ever owned that SPEAKS to me. Ever since day 1, I went to ridenow in concord nc to buy some detail spray for my fully customized suzuki hayabusa and they were having 1 of those stupid demo ride days. I wasnt even in the market for a bike. I rode a few vics but that 2013 jackpot just spoke to me. Thay didnt have any for sale but they had a 2012 with 4K off sticker. I kind of wonder sometimes where I would be if I didnt need that detail spray, but Im glad I got it especially now since they are no longer for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What do I like about my Victory...EVERYTHING! OK, well almost everything. It's enough I like about it that it's the BEST BIKE I have ever owned AND I ain't lookin' NO WHERE ELSE. But that's just me. cheers

·
Registered
837 Posts
When I ride my Vic, I am displaying the most modern design in the motorcycle world when it come to the cruiser/bagger line. While it is not perfect, it is the best out there. It obviously is not trying to copy any other machine on the road---it stands alone in graphic design and statement. It produces dependable and almost maintainence free respectable power and torque and when I go to bike week in Daytona and Myrtle Beach, most people are trying to figure out what I am riding while they and I am surrounded by a billion dollars worth of chrome and noise.

Give me another V Twin that does that.

thought so. thumb up

Simply---it impressed me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmmm....i could spend all day listing individual things about the bike that i love. Basically it just feels right and fits me. I have owned other brands including HD but, i never truly felt happy with any of the others until i bought my CC. I do get many looks from the HD guys and even more questions. I try not to boast too much but its hard not to...thumb up cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I luv the fact that it looks like a Custom bike....but it's factory. I get compliments all the time. I like the fact that I get to ride and not have to work on it all the time. I Luv the fact that every time I look at it.... I'm like Damn that's an Awesome looking Bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Luv the fact that every time I look at it.... I'm like Damn that's an Awesome looking Bike.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself!:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just love the bike, gives me that feeling like you get when you start dating a new chick, lol! Gets compliments every time I go out.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I like how big it is for me, I'm not crunched up. How well it handles for a big bike, and all the power with more yet to come...there's more but that's the sweet stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep I only had mine for a couple years and when I go out to the garage and see her from the back she has got the same hour glass shape that men love. Was looking to buy HD but I ran across this Jackpot with 4000 mi. on first sight I wasn't leaving without her. At the end of the day she was in the garage and happily ever after. I still haven't seen a cruiser that I want more than her.

·
Registered
632 Posts
To new for me to get too giddy about it, But so far I'm amazed how well it handles in low speed maneuvers.. More then enough power for me. And the best part no safety chrome to worry about or keep clean [Gunner] A complete opposite of the last bike I had..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love mine because no other bike catches my eye. Sure some bike may be faster, or have an accessory that I would like, but still the only bike that does it for me is my boardwalk. That's when you know you got something special.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had my Kingpin for one year now, and still ride down the road looking at it and can't believe it's mine. It don't matter if I am going around the block to the store or a 250-300 mile trip, I'm still impressed every time I ride it.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
It fits, It's fast, It's fun, It looks fantastic (to me).

I've said it in another thread somewhere...I could be offered a brand new Indian, Harley, etc., delivered to my door in even up trade for my 2 year old bike. I'd pass.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I like that my XR is the only bike I have ever rode that fit me without any modifications plus I got it cheaper than any other big v-twin out at the time. I don't like the fit and finish of the bike but I knew that when I bought it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts