Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy listening to music while I ride and when I use my fullface helmet it is easy as can be to use my earbuds but riding with a halfhelmet I cant even hear the music with my earbuds in. Thinking about modifying some full size headphones to use.
Anybody have any things that they have found to work well?

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
V-Twin Thunder's the best music of all thumb up

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you using in-the-ear earbuds? I've used in-the-ear skullcandy earbuds with a half helmet for years and never have had issues hearing music.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I always here music and voices, no buds necessary, im luky....:crzy:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Are you using in-the-ear earbuds? I've used in-the-ear skullcandy earbuds with a half helmet for years and never have had issues hearing music.
+1

A good set of in-the-ear buds are it. cheers

The ones I currently use: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was using my phone paired with the cardo scala 4 headset, now I can hear the music from the speakers even in the full face helmet!:D

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I enjoy listening to music while I ride and when I use my fullface helmet it is easy as can be to use my earbuds but riding with a halfhelmet I cant even hear the music with my earbuds in. Thinking about modifying some full size headphones to use.
Anybody have any things that they have found to work well?
Yeah as someone said, wear a bandana over your head and it will give you some insulation when wearing a half helmet, it also fills in any gaps so it reduces air flow under your helmet, and it also helps to keep the earbuds in.

I never listened to music until I got my hammer- now Im addicted. Your right about a full helmet though- they work the best, but I refuse to wear a full helmet with this bike. I have a fighter pilot style where a goggle like visor drops down, so its more of a 3/4 full helmet- better than a open face, but not as good as a full. Works great for me though. Also I have the Sennheiser earbud headphones which have better base than most.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great info guys....Thanks.
Too many voices in my head to just let them run wild while I ride.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Also, IMHO in helmet speakers are crap- the sound is awful plus they don't isolate the music and block out background noise. I've tried them with BlueAnt radio intercoms where you can pair to iPhones and play music.

That's why in ear buds are best- and you can still hear good base depending in your equaliser setting and brand of bud phones, but wear them properly.

Let rip with questions if in doubt buddy.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Also, IMHO in helmet speakers are crap- the sound is awful plus they don't isolate the music and block out background noise. I've tried them with BlueAnt radio intercoms where you can pair to iPhones and play music.

That's why in ear buds are best- and you can still hear good base depending in your equaliser setting and brand of bud phones, but wear them properly.
Let rip with questions if in doubt buddy.
In helmet speakers are best for that very reason. You want to hear the horns, sirens, etc. I use my Sena SMH10 headset and wear simple ear plugs to reduce all noise including the radio play back. If I want Hi-Fi sounds, I use the stereo in the living room. When I am riding I just want some music to break up the monotony of mile after mile of engine drone.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
In helmet speakers are best for that very reason. You want to hear the horns, sirens, etc. I use my Sena SMH10 headset and wear simple ear plugs to reduce all noise including the radio play back. If I want Hi-Fi sounds, I use the stereo in the living room. When I am riding I just want some music to break up the monotony of mile after mile of engine drone.
I don't agree (no offence). With buds you still hear horns at close quarters, same with sirens, PLUS they block the background noise you don't want to hear so your overall listening experience is greatly enhanced giving you a richer sound that captures deeper base- you don't get that with in helmet speakers.

The kid asked, just sayin'..........

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wear digital hearing aids. I use a bluetooth interface to stream music from my cell phone directly to my aids. I pull on a skully to keep the aids in place while I don my helmet. I can still hear ambient noise to a degree and also enjoy my tunes. I love technology.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I wear digital hearing aids. I use a bluetooth interface to stream music from my cell phone directly to my aids. I pull on a skully to keep the aids in place while I don my helmet. I can still hear ambient noise to a degree and also enjoy my tunes. I love technology.
I have digital hearing aids as well but have not ridden with them yet as I just got them as Winter began and it ain't time to ride yet.

I figured I would take the hearing aids off and wear ear plugs to protect what remains of my hearing. I don't listen to music as I ride although I do use the bluetooth direct to the 'aids for the phone. I kinda thought all the road noises would be amplified to irritating levels if I wore my hearing aids- not so?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts