Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing.

Since 99% of our riding is done in nice weather and not too much crud gets on the bike, what dod you use to wipe it down to keep it shining, and/or give it that wet look?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I did a search and found nothing.

Since 99% of our riding is done in nice weather and not too much crud gets on the bike, what dod you use to wipe it down to keep it shining, and/or give it that wet look?
Typically S100 or Pledge.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
For dust, a California duster. For dirt and bugs I wet her slightly and use a spongy thing with a very soft side for bugs. Shammie dry. I wax a section every week or so and touch up with instant detailer.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice spray when needed and dust with a Califrnia dustmop almost daily (it's always dusty here).

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Nothing but Zaino.
After going through the waxing process, the bike is so slick overnight dust simply blows off.
If a little cleaning is necessary, simply spray a bit of the soapy water on, wipe it down and then hit it with the Zaino quick detail. Bike looks "wet" all the time.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Nothing but Zaino.
After going through the waxing process, the bike is so slick overnight dust simply blows off.
If a little cleaning is necessary, simply spray a bit of the soapy water on, wipe it down and then hit it with the Zaino quick detail. Bike looks "wet" all the time.
Is Zaino that good? It seems like a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Is Zaino that good? It seems like a lot of work.
I'm new to Zaino, but yes, it's that good. I did my wife's car over the weekend and it was a long process...something like 9 hours to go through all the steps and get it done. But, from now on it'll be a VERY SIMPLE dust off or a quick wash and spritz shine if necessary.
I just started my truck tonight and am going to break that process up into several nights.
For my bike, It's brand new so I did not have to go through the clay bar process and some other stuff so it was much easier.

I'm sold on Zaino after seeing what it did for her car and how easy it makes keeping both it and the bike clean.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Thanks! Problem is I have the 8-Ball, black!!
My Crossroads has a lot of black too and it looks "wet".

Depending on the age of your 8 and the current condition, it may be a pain getting from where you are to where you want to be, but I'm betting that Zaino can do it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Y'all must live where there ain't any bugs. Yes 80% good weather when I ride, but the 20% seems to slip in on about 90% of my rides. In other words, I'll find rain if it is in the surrounding area codes.

What is this Zaino stuff? Is it really worth the effort to find and use?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Y'all must live where there ain't any bugs. Yes 80% good weather when I ride, but the 20% seems to slip in on about 90% of my rides. In other words, I'll find rain if it is in the surrounding area codes.

What is this Zaino stuff? Is it really worth the effort to find and use?

Cheers
Zaino's is a car care product company. As far as I know you can only get the products online. Google: Zaino and you'll find something like the Zainostore.
They have a lot of products and they are not inexpensive, but they do work and after the initial cleaning process, a little bit goes a very long way.
It's a system...a process and it takes effort at first, but the results are worth it.
I once had a 1965 Mustang Convertible that I entered in and won car shows with. I used "Mothers" or "Mcquires" on it and it looked great. Zaino's blows both of those products away.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
We only use "Original Bike Spirits" spray cleaner and polish on our bikes. We use it on everything, paint, chrome, and windshields, seats. After you have used it a few times the bugs barely stick anymore. The only water that our bikes see is rain, we only "wash" them with the spray cleaner and polish cheers

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/SprayCleaner_Polish/

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Vegas 8-ball and I picked up a an Air Force blaster to dry the bike (mainly to remove water from the engine groves and cracks) then I just go over it with a shammy and a microfiber towel. I also wax it with Mcguire's. It always looks wet, and with less swirls on the black paint.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Typically S100 or Pledge.
I have had bad experiences with S100.Cost me a new front axle and bearings on my HD yrs ago.If you use it be dam sure you get it out of every little crevice or it will leave a white powder and lock up anything.
I now just wax it with a good wax a couple times a year.Wash it with a good car wash/wax and dry it with my leaf blower on low.Totally no water spots.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Get a good supply of microfiber cloths to wipe it down withcheers
+1 After a coat of cleaner wax.... Soft microfiber cloths are easy and won't leave swirl marks on our black paint. I love being able to stand over my tank and being able to clean my teeth from the deep reflection. ;D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts