Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well? what would you like to see out of Victory?

im having a hard time deciding if i want to see vic blow up or not. i kinda like having the only hammer i've ever seen in person, but on the other hand, i want to see victory make it and be around for my next bike purchase...
i've only seen two other victorys in my town, a kp and vegas, both 8 ball. both before i had the hammer. i sat on the vegas and that was the deciding factor on the vic.

but i know one thing, i'd like them to diversify alittle more, every bike has the same motor and transmission, and im sure this helps keep cost down but somwhere down the line i'd like to see them have a middleweight bike in the 8-900cc range. theres alot of non brand loyal, newer riders that are open to suggestion but they cant exactly jump on a 1700cc+ bike. like this girl i ride with wants to 1up from her s40, and she really like the style of my hammer, and would buy one if it was about half its size, she cant hardly reach the forward controls. so she'll probly get a sportster1200.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A much better dealer network and also much better dealers. They really need to start sending their customers surveys to help weed out the **** bag dealers they have out there. Trust me I had to really really want a vic to purchase from my dealer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
More dealers

Dealers that don't sell lawnmowers. Stand-alone motorcycle dealers

More apparel and riding gear. They don't need to have as much as Harley, but try to give us something close

A custom division like Screaming Eagle and CVO. I want more power. Dress up bolt-on chrome stuff from Ness isn't enough

More diverse models. Too many are based off the same bike changing only small things (like adding a fat tire... VIOLA, NEW MODEL!)

Keyless ignition like Harley is doing

Hidden wiring and cables in the bars

·
Registered
101 Posts
#1 Parts for the high ball, lol

#2 More apparel

I have only owned a Vic bike for about 2 weeks, and the high ball for a few days. Pretty impressed so far. The bike is a sweet ride and the performance for a v-twin is very good. That being said my ZX-14 puts down 189 hp compared to the 80-90 that the Vic does. I'm happy to finally own an American bike.

Friday I'm going to the local Harley dealership bike night with the high ball so I'm sure to drum up some drama. Which is fine. I'm tired of all the Harley nut swingers out there that can't appreciate any other American made bikes.

I got more waves from Harley guys riding my 14 than I have on the Vic.

·
13,251 Posts
Love what you have and hope others find the same love for the Vic as we do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
One thing that im getting a little ticked about right now is the fact that i see everywhere the exhausts for 2006+, and not as many options for the older stuff like my 2004.
One thing i am very happy about though is I can go online to the dealers website and look up a part and see the cost. I tried that earlier looking for a HD part for my buddy, I went to about 8 HD sites and every single time i clicked on parts i got either a bunch of bling and no "real" fix the problem parts or I got some pics of the parts guys or the parts section. How the F does that help? Soo glad i didnt buy a softail like i wanted orig.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got more waves from Harley guys riding my 14 than I have on the Vic.
same here...except i was on a vulcan...idk what their deal is.

and vics apperal selection aint bad if they'd stock it. the main site has "not available" for over half of it, only thing i'd get is a jacket tho.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want abs brakes on every bike in the line. Integrated. Pull on the front one, gives you proportional back; seamless, no bs; i think every bmw has this.

Abs abs abs save your ass save your ass

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok to be different I want the bikes to stay simple - no complications, the reason I chose a Vic is for that "freedom" air / oil cooled V twin with no valve adjustments.

Please keep ABS / Traction control and all that as options only, still makes me smile when I look at my steering lock - two holes and a padlock!

Engine choice looks limited but it does everything - very well.

Yes - dealer support is lacking, especially outside the US - I bought the only Victory clutch cable in the UK as a precaution!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Integrated brakes are a bad idea, especially for those of us that ride hard.

Nothing worse than coming into a corner hot, and lightly riding the rear brake to stablize the suspension... and out of nowhere your front brake activates and throws you on the ground.

NO THANKS.

Leave it as an option, but not as standard equipment.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, no thanks. abs in my opinion is for people who want to just slam on the brakes and it shouldnt lock up. i prefer to learn the limits of my brakes and use them to their full potential, nothing worse than entering a corner hot and that stupid buzzing of the brakes totally screwing everything, electronics make things unpredictable to me and if what your on changes like the wind, you never know its limits. , i'd like it gone on my truck two. integrating is also bad, proportioning valves go bad and your screwed there too. and for the reason stated above, i like to use the brake best suited for the current situation.

·
Registered
567 Posts
More dealers and better dealer support....Hell, if I wanted to get ignored I would have bought a Hardly Dangerous......LOL

·
Registered
229 Posts
wheels

I would like Victory to put wire laced wheels on more than just the High Ball. The Kingpin & Vegas would look awesome with laces.
On the flip side, some new billet wheel designs would be great for the rest of the stable.
Color coordinated powder coat on the wheels for the more custom paint bikes like the Vegas Jackpot and Hammer S.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alot of this has been said, but I'll put in my $.02

1.-Better dealer service. There still better than HD, maybe. Bout 10 years ago I went around to 3-4 Buell/Harley dealers cause I had to have a Buell, well everyone I went to looked at me as a kid sittin on all the bikes playin around, I was 22; little did they know I had "check in hand" not one of them would come up to me and talk to me, and when I asked for help I got the run around, "someone will be over there shortly" BULL-KAKA! So I went and bought a Suzuki TL100R. I wanted as close to american made as I could get, sometimes people make it hard to do that, customer service goes along way! Even now days just before I got my KP I've been all over lookin at HD, still the same crap, do I have to get beat in first?

2.-People working the sales floor need to know these bikes inside and out. There is no excuse for a salesman to go to "the desk" everytime I have a question.

3.-Taller/larger saddle bags

4.-Fairing that is competitive with HD, I still think Vics have half the options compaired to HD's fairings; looks go to Vics though. Salesman didn't help here with my questions. Wanted a XC, got talked out of it.

5. More MPG or larger tank. 4.5gal on everything but Vision and XC...really?!? 84miles round trip for work and I have to fill up every other day, I'd like to fill up every 3 days or more.

6.-More options on aftermarket parts, it was mentioned CVO/Screamin Eagle stuff like that. It would have to be called something cool though, like Jester or Shark, how bout Dragon.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
More accessories would be nice, but that comes with sales. Aftermarket companies aren't going to roll out R&D dollars for small sales numbers. The cruiser market is evolutionary not revolutionary, that's why HD does so well. Parts fit forever.

I would love to see more dealers, but honestly I am very happy with my XR.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agreed and more input to all of the above.

1. Need more accessories, apparel and options. This is one of the main drawbacks for the Victory owner. Quick disconnect options (windshields, sissy bars, etc.) for all models. Thank goodness there is Cycleopsusa.com and Victoryonly.com, but it is still a struggle to get exactly what you want for you and a passenger - HD - not a problem.
----Sidenote---- 2 times I have e-mailed Polaris with questions and got a reply "sorry, that is proprietary information" (which really rubs me the wrong way). One was how many of the 2006 CN Jackpot were produced and if they were numbered in 2006. The other was when the 2012 parts and apparel catalog is coming out and if they will have tall sizes at all. I heard this comes out in July - anyone know??????
2. More dealers and apparel, support, etc. Part of the deal with owning a Harley is being in the "family" and being able to go to HD dealers throughout the USA and buy a T-shirt, gear, etc. with that cities name on it. Victory needs to pick up on this to boost sales and gain the family theme. I want to wear cool apparel and have cool stuff in my house, on my 4-wheel ride, etc. supporting my ride!
3. Rent Victory's like HD does...will only help us Victory owners when on vacation and for those who are looking to buy but cannot make a Factory Demo tour day or two near their location.
4. Better consistency with educating the dealers with mechanical support/information. I have learned more on this forum than my dealer and have gotten very conflicting information from my dealer (05 Hammer Dragpipe MAP - dealer swears it is garbage).

Bottom line...it will come around in time, but Polaris is going to have to support their product wtih more options (accessories for all models and more apparel in all size options - including tall). Need floorboard, extension kits, mirrors, seats, sissy bars for all models without having to go to 4 different websites, vendors, etc. to get a setup.

I love my Victory so far (2 month owner), but these were my concerns before going Victory and still are. I wish someone would up the game at Victory and realize they could make a real dent overall if they upped the game support and options. Since Ness came onboard things have really turned around, but that was in 2006 (correct?). 5 years later, need to progress much faster in today's world!

·
Registered
74 Posts
^ when people say get the 05 hammer drag map they are talking about the S&S version not the victory version.

·
Registered
84 Posts
....and that may be the difference and to my point....they should know this and be able to educate me as their customer! Especially for $150 for the MAP.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts