Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the hunt for a place to mount a fuzeblock and there seems to be a decent spot behind the rt side cover except for plastic tab that could be a wire loom guide ….. Can someone enlighten me if there is a good reason not to cut the plastic tab off to make room for the fuzeblock ? Thank you
Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bag

Hand Telephony Finger Communication Device Telephone

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L
By the marking it would appear that a purge canister for a California model would go there. Does not look like its being used for your bike.
Nicely done ! I think you have a plausible explanation - thank you!

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing that info that the US and CA bikes are similar with respect to that plug - I have been tripped up by differences before :) It's winter here for 8 months of the year so what I don't spend on riding and maintenance I convert into therapy projects for the winters :) I have been accumulating stuff for this XC for several years and finally decided to make it a priority. I have just enough stuff that I figure the effort of the fuzeblock would eventually pay off. The way Vic hides fuses on the ends of connectors is just silly in m y opinion, but again, electrical is all but black magic to me. My first lesson on this bike was when I tried to add an led driving/turnsignal linear strip to the forged bar and learned how intolerant the canbus system is to inrush currents :) A trailer isolator solved that problem. I am 60 and I seem to feel less smart as the days pass but I try to keep learning new tricks....

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the below video, this is the spot to mount the Victory Keyless system. You should be fine cutting the tab, as it serves no other purpose.
I made a discovery in different lighting - the tab location is labelled ‘purge tank’ 😎 which I take to be the evap tank one of the other posters mentioned - you can see ‘purge’ to the left of my mounting plate
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As requested - turned out alright. JB welded an aluminum carrier plate and then used Velcro to hold the fuzeblock in place, which allows me to swing it out of the way to access the main fuse block. Couldn’t bring myself to write direct on the cover …. :cool:
Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Motor vehicle Computer hardware

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Computer hardware Circuit component Machine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts