Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video mentions (around the 2:20 mark) that this is a Victory aftermarket exhaust system, but doesn't give any other details like a model name, manufacture, etc. Can anyone identify what this system is? I like the look and the sound.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Looks a lot like a "Rush" 2 into 1 like I had on my Harley Dyna Glide. They are real good pipes. Ceramic Coated on the inside.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BBob, your picture looks identical to the video, but when I go to the Cobra website, nothing shows up for the Victory link, including your bike which ins't even listed as a model. WTH?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
Yep; that's the one and the reason it doesn't show up on the Cobra website is they make them for Victory and can't sell them on the side. That may change now that Victory is stopping accessory sales.

Polaris wasn't very good at updating their site for for fitment and sometimes they were just plain wrong. We tried to explain that to someone who simply could not get it through his thick skull. I eventually lost my temper at 0300 in the morning and got sent to band camp for a week. Oh well.

Here's a trick that sometimes works. Find another site, in this case I used Lloydz, for another set of pipes for your Hammer and see what fits what. In this case it says the 2-1 fits 05-present Hammer and Jackpot so I'd be comfy ordering those Victory ones even though they don't say explicitly they fit your year.

https://lloydz.com/products/exhaust-systems/rpw-thor-21/

Now don't expect much hp/tq improvement with the Victory/Cobra 2-1 like one would on a Harley. For some reason the Freedom motor doesn't get the same benefit. Maybe it's designed better. Maybe one of the performance gurus can explain it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...not really looking for more performance...just don't want to lose any, especially low end torque. I think the X-Bow doesn't need a re-tune. Not sure what I would have to do with the 2 into 1.

Do you think both systems would have O2 ports? They don't say, but they do say "EPA compliant" whatever that might mean.

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
Thanks...not really looking for more performance...just don't want to lose any, especially low end torque. I think the X-Bow doesn't need a re-tune. Not sure what I would have to do with the 2 into 1.

Do you think both systems would have O2 ports? They don't say, but they do say "EPA compliant" whatever that might mean.
All made-for-Victory pipes after 2007 have the O2 ports since they went closed-loop in 2008.

I really like the look of the X-Bow pipes. Most people say they are too quiet and the tuners say they aren't a good performance pipe to tune with so you should be aware of that too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the X-Bow too, but I think the sound of the 2 into 1 might be better. What do I need to do to get the EFI corrected. Are there established maps that can be simply loaded into the bike by a shop....or is it more complicated? I want the bike to run correctly and not burn valves and blue up the finish.

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
It depends on how far you want to go with performance upgrades. If you're looking at the whole sh-bang with Lloydz Torque Tubes, performance exhaust, cams, and dyno tune then you have some choices like the Maximus tune or PC-V tune. If you went with the PC-V the Vic Shop has some canned MAP's that seem to work well but a dyno tune is generally recommended at some point so you don't leave anything on the table.

Power Commander Maps - The Vic Shop

If you wanted to go lighter, like with a K&N style air filter, Stage One Victory exhaust like the 2-1 here or possibly the X-Bow then then you can easily get away with the Stage one flash tune by Victory. The tune card usually comes with their stage one pipes but they still charge labor. That will vary shop to shop. Or you can get the Maximus or PC-V tune which will make the bike run better then later on if you wanted to upgrade; you would already have the tuner in place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have that pipe on my 13 Hammer 8 ball. In stock form they are fairly restrictive. They should fit any hammer or jackpot. They have a bit of a kick out in the collector to clear the swingarm on the wide tire bikes. I had the X bows on the bike before and well they look great the 2-1 sounded better to me. More of a hotrod sound. X-bows are really heavy too and have cats in the head pipes,

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
The "Victory Performance" exhaust systems are terrible performers... all of them... look elsewhere.

RPW, Bassani, Conquest Customs are good performers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The "Victory Performance" exhaust systems are terrible performers... all of them... look elsewhere.

RPW, Bassani, Conquest Customs are good performers.
Thanks...I appreciate the advice, but the price of the system is quite attractive. I'm not too concerned about red-line horsepower but yeah that chart was a disappointment.

When it says..."Armed with our new exhausts, we made a trip to Southern California Victory, where Danny Edwards performed the swap in no time. A quick session with his laptop computer to download the calibration card, and we were in business."...does that mean a fuel map is uploaded into the bike's ECU, replacing the stock mapping....or is a additional electronic fuel controller needed?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Had the 2into1 on my 06' Hammer, it's a cobra

Marked improvement over stock. Got rid of the airbox and added torque tubes and VFC3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
The dealership installed mine. I'm not knocking the dealership but I don't think their mechanics had much experience at the time in 2010 because after the install I got a lot of popping. It was super irritating so I installed a Lloydz device to control some of the air the intake allowed in to control some kind of EPA mandated thing I think. It helped but didn't eliminate it. I trade the bike in after only 3 months for the XC I still have and got a Kingpin later on then another and sold the first KP. Both 04's have been fantastic bikes and once the cams, timing wheel, and other performance upgrades were done on the XC; it became a really fun bike to ride. The KP remains stock other than a K&N air filter and Victory performance (stage one) mufflers.

Looking back; I think there may have been an exhaust leak with the new 2-1 pipes to cause all that popping. If I had known them what I know now I would have picked up a set of the Lloydz intake gaskets to make sure they didn't leak. Who knows; I may have kept the bike if it didn't have that annoying popping. It was my first Victory so I was learning as I went after being on HD's forever (mostly). No question I lost a butt load of money in the process.

Good looking Hammer Toejam!

·
12,968 Posts
Believe what Half crazy said. Price looks good but other Vic's will pass you up

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Is this it?
https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-motorcycles-new-oem-stage-1-chrome-exhaust-system-hammer-2877254-156/

It says it won't fit my 2016 Hammer S. Does anyone know why? What's different with the Hammer after 2012?

This says it will fit my 2016....and yet also a 2012. I don't get it...did something change...was it the change in cubic inch motor?
https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-motorcycle-new-oem-stage-1-x-bow-exhaust-hammer-jackpot-2878997-156/
Price is definitely right!
Id use it (2-1) and fit a less restrictive muffler or gut it out and fit a free flowing baffle system.
About to make up some baffles today as Ive found an exhaust shop thatll sell me a metre of perforated 2 inch tube for $20!
Thats 500mm per megaphone each side on the XS650....Its just toooo loud debaffled completely.
Leaders have some great deals happening.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the Rush 2:2 and really like them. Several Vic riders have heard them and can attest to that, and added performance. Not as much as 2:1, but you may see a 3-4 HP difference. Bummer they never came out with a 2:1 for the steel frames. But I love mine. I fitted some Vance Hines on from a Dyna that sounded perfect, but took a bit of the top end off due to being shorter. Still have those.

Few of my Harleys had either Rush or Vance pipes. I like both.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts