Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you were in the Facebook group called "Victory & Harley Owners Rant-Razz Group". I only joined a week or so ago and today it's been Archived by the Admin. My short time in the group did see some butt hurt but mostly it was some very funny stuff from both camps. Anyway, I know it doesn't have anything to do with this forum. I was just wondering who else on here was in that group and if anyone knows if it will come back, be turned into something else or simply be gone. I did send a message to one of the Admin asking. My guess is he has over 1000 other people asking the same thing.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
I don't know if you were in the Facebook group called "Victory & Harley Owners Rant-Razz Group". I only joined a week or so ago and today it's been Archived by the Admin. My short time in the group did see some butt hurt but mostly it was some very funny stuff from both camps. Anyway, I know it doesn't have anything to do with this forum. I was just wondering who else on here was in that group and if anyone knows if it will come back, be turned into something else or simply be gone. I did send a message to one of the Admin asking. My guess is he has over 1000 other people asking the same thing.
Bihind the screens of facebook

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/january-february-march-2018/how-to-fix-facebook-before-it-fixes-us/

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-15-google-and-facebook-are-making-your-kids-stupid-access-to-immediate-information-inhibits-the-ability-to-think.html

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Re that second link; I was saying that as soon as smart phones appeared - its causing a monumental societal change and not for the better. Sure, it can do many helpful things, but its destroying how humans relate and learn - two critical functions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was there for a little bit ....... never posted .... I didn't see the point.

I dumped it a few days ago....... Peter

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Re that second link; I was saying that as soon as smart phones appeared - its causing a monumental societal change and not for the better. Sure, it can do many helpful things, but its destroying how humans relate and learn - two critical functions.
True RICZ, we are hooked on these internet things, even if you deny it...... I don't do facebook, but spend WAY too much time on the smart phone or computer ....

When I was working in In the Falkland the cost of internet was 10 Pounds for 100 minutes, so this came out to be 15 minutes internet per day....

I'm agreeing that internet is destroying our ways we were....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
And txting and distracted drivers are killing us...
The number if fkwits in cars chopping me off is insane....yesterday test riding the 650 Yam I had 3 cars pull out from sidestreets and wave apologetically as they did it!!!

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So true, peoples ability and even their desire to use critical thinking, deductive reasoning and just to think for themselves instead of relying on group think on most levels have taken a massive downturn. Sadly, I don't see this turning around on any meaningful level in the 'industrialized world'...ever. The more computers can do for us, the less desire we have to do for ourselves. Smart phones produce dumb people.

One advantage I see in AI vehicles is their ability to avoid colliding with people, animals, bicycles and motorcycles. That's if the government allows non AI motorcycles in the future. At my age, I think I'm fine. But my children, grand children and great grand children will likely never know the thrill of motorcycles as we know them or being able to enjoy things like the shooting and hunting sports.

AI cars well within 5 years and replacement AI humans within 10 years. Watch the 2009 Bruce Willis movie Surrogates and the a movie called Ex Machina. A bit scary as they're now coming true.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It took 20 years of bitching for HD to fix its big problems and then I go and Buy a Victory! I love HD for what an HD is but the factory will get a flipped patch from me. The business practices, customer treatment is some of the worst corp. America I can imagine.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
It took 20 years of bitching for HD to fix its big problems
Deleted stuff .
Sorry to interrupt, but I never had a HD, so what was this big problem you speak off in your opinion ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Sorry to interrupt, but I never had a HD, so what was this big problem you speak off in your opinion ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Me neither, I made the Quantum Leap!:devil

·
Registered
435 Posts
LOL That's Rich. Buying abandoned Airports for no good reason and then within months deciding owell we don't need this sell for a loss. Seriously, if I wanted to put on a comedy show of corporate stupidity I would sell tickets and have every hot mama coast to coast busting down my dressing room wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts