Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years back some models had these great looking diamond cut fins but I haven't seen anything lately. What happened?

There's a guy over on the Venture site that does diamond cutting to the fins and other parts of Royal Star Ventures but those are fake covers and he does them off the bike. I've asked him if he can do it to "real" fins... waiting for a response.

·
13,254 Posts
Coast has slowed it down. You have to pull your heads and your cylinders and send it to them. Then you have to rering the cylinders and you should clean up the heads as long as there off the bike.
Not something you would do in the summer

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coast has slowed it down. You have to pull your heads and your cylinders and send it to them. Then you have to rering the cylinders and you should clean up the heads as long as there off the bike.
Not something you would do in the summer
Not something I'd do at all LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
They look good but they must be a real bear to keep clean...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
209 Posts
the ness versions have them still, don't they?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Here we got the diamond cut engines for all the Ness bikes. Was that the same in the U.S. or could you order a non-ness diamond cut bike?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I want to get mine Diamond cut but am going to wait and do a big bore at the same time. Probably winter 2017/2018... If victory doesn't come out with an insanely cool new motor by then. ?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here we got the diamond cut engines for all the Ness bikes.
Does this include 2015 model year bikes?

Seems to me the last time I saw a new bike with diamond cut was around 2011 or 2012.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Does this include 2015 model year bikes?

Seems to me the last time I saw a new bike with diamond cut was around 2011 or 2012.
I'm not sure coz I haven't been going to the shop much lately. But didn't Victory stop their affiliation with Ness? In which case we won't see the diamond cut engines any more, here at least

·
Premium Member
8,971 Posts
Here we got the diamond cut engines for all the Ness bikes. Was that the same in the U.S. or could you order a non-ness diamond cut bike?
We could still be getting old stock, theres still bikes on the floor that were discontinued last year.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yep the last diamond cut Ness XC was sold about 6 months ago in Sydney- none since.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Maybe it's just me...maybe it's the materials used, but Harley diamond cut cylinders and heads look nicer and throw more reflected light than those on a Victory. The Victory diamond cut feels like it would cut your hands to ribbons cleaning them too.

Tech23

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I want to get mine Diamond cut but am going to wait and do a big bore at the same time. Probably winter 2017/2018... If victory doesn't come out with an insanely cool new motor by then. ?

Roger that Travis P.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't think Vic offers any bikes with diamond-cut engines. The Ness Magnum doesn't appear to have them.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/baggers/magnum-ness-midnight-cherry
Sure looks like it comes with the diamond cut fins just like every prior Ness. Have you seen a Ness Magnum without the diamond-cut fins or something?

One of the reasons you may be seeing fewer of the diamond-cut heads may be due to the fact that the gentleman who patented the process was in an accident that killed his wife (they were basically run over by an idiot in a SUV)
http://www.diamond-heads.com/qualityservice.html
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-08/news/os-fatal-motorcycle-crash-port-orange-20120308_1_motorcycle-passenger-harley-davidson-motorcycle-halifax-health
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/05/03/message-from-keith-brinton-from-diamond-heads-to-all-my-readers/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts