Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
When I owned my HDs that was probably my least favorite forum. I preferred the V-twin forum and the shark tank. One thing I did notice about the thread you linked was that comments were all about appearances, not content. HD fanatics just don't like the way our bikes look, except the one guy who didn't like the AZ Victory series on you tube. 8 pages of "I think its ugly" before I gave up reading. I guess a garage queen must be pretty at all times regardless of other factors.
Run it may but shine it must.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have had a ID over there for a while now as a buddy of mine had a RG so I went ahead and posted a little something to give them some target practice...wac

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea most the comments we are the red headed stepchild. Guess they don't like our taillights;). That's alright they don't have to like my bike. I pay the bills, what I like is all that matters.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mostly curious around here. A few have been crabby, but they probably are just that way. Most have lots of questions and compliments. Well, at least as long as I was around. LOL

I would be surprised if your thread lasted very long.

Cheers

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've taken a lot of grief from a few close friends who ride HD since buying the Victory. The Harley Davidson marque has become a philosophy over the last couple of generations. A company that in the past has been mis-managed to the point of near extinction and has arisen from that to become what is perceived as a premier top tier manufacturer. The majority of those who ride HD really don't care what's inside nor how it works but revel in the fact that they are now able to afford one or at least get a bank to finance one for 72 easy payments.

Personally I've never been one to want to have what everybody else has. Although I quit going to Sturgis a decade ago I remember walking down the main drag the year that the 100th came out. I couldn't imagine coming out of a bar or a shop and trying to find which one was "mine".

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well it's up 75 posts now. I would have gotten a street glide but I feel like there's a million of them out there. I just wanted something different.....and yes I heard about it from my HD friends! :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
With all due respect....why do we care ? :p

If we for example drive a Ford...do we really care if the Chevy guys agree with our choice ?...obviously they don't....

Personally I do not need to justify my purchases with the approval of someone else...no matter what the item may be....jus-sayin'

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I read every post of the 8 pages on the HD forum ... Just as I suspected Victory gets no love from HD owners .... My only reply is , and no disrespect to my many HD owning buddies on THIS forum , But I am 46 , been riding since I was 16 , I have never owned a HD , never wanted an HD , I have never liked anything about HD , and compared to the looks of a Victory motorcycle , they look antiquated and clunky . If I was ever given one or won one in a contest , it would be up for sale in less then a nano second . Every one I ever knew that owned a HD , including my Father were complete hunks of crap , and shook like a dog shittin razor blades , and leaked oil all over the garage floor ... Lest I say , I will never own one .wac

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

If we for example drive a Ford...do we really care if the Chevy guys agree with our choice ?...obviously they don't....

Personally I do not need to justify my purchases with the approval of someone else...no matter what the item may be....jus-sayin'
Great post . thumb up

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Wow! just read some of that crap you decided to actually waste a thread on. What's the point? It's not winter time any more. Shouldn't we all be riding instead of trying to find **** to smear all over our beloved forum.

Really now, Who cares what a bunch of poor misguided soles think about Victory. Just imagine. Riding the same bike everyday that everyone else has. Imagine the same styling decade after decade. Imagine the money spent to make it different and to make it perform only to see another just like it at an event or in your neighbors garage. Imagine never mentioning another Harley/Victory hater thread ever again on this forum. Imagine that !! Please!! wac

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
When I was younger (say, 80's and 90's), I wanted a Harley. Who didn't? They were bad-assed machines ridden by bad-assed folks.

They were interesting to ride. A friend's Night Train (not the V-Rod model) felt like it wanted to shake itself apart underneath me. Te full-dressers were a bit on the cramped side. And there are so many out there!

I went back and forth between an HD and the Vic, and we all now where I ended up. After riding a few HDs AGAIN recently, I know I made the right choice. For me.

·
Registered
329 Posts

While I agree with you and don't give a crap what they think about my motorcycle. I'm pretty sure this was posted as a response to a handful of members here that have been arguing that you never see anything negative about Victory on the Harley forums, etc. And just glancing through that thread (and many others like it) just proves that idea is completely wrong.

Victory Riders: "I like Harley Davidson motorcycles. I just don't like the occasional A-hole that I meet riding HD motorcycles".

Harley Riders: "Victory motorcycles are fugly as hell and look like Bozo the clown. Why would you ever buy one of those when you could buy a Harley!!!"

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I read every post of the 8 pages on the HD forum ... Just as I suspected Victory gets no love from HD owners .... My only reply is , and no disrespect to my many HD owning buddies on THIS forum , But I am 46 , been riding since I was 16 , I have never owned a HD , never wanted an HD , I have never liked anything about HD , and compared to the looks of a Victory motorcycle , they look antiquated and clunky . If I was ever given one or won one in a contest , it would be up for sale in less then a nano second . Every one I ever knew that owned a HD , including my Father were complete hunks of crap , and shook like a dog shittin razor blades , and leaked oil all over the garage floor ... Lest I say , I will never own one .wac
I rode 2 different HDs over a period of a bit over 3 years.

"shook like a dog shittin razor blades"
It shakes at idle at traffic lights but both bikes were as smooth when under way as my Vision.

"leaked oil all over the garage floor"
Not a drop from either of mine in those 3+ years.

I understand you are fond of Victory but please don't sit there spouting errors about how an HD really is like the guy from AZ Victory does on his videos. If you have never owned or ridden one how can you possibly know what they are like?

I traded my last HD for my Vision but I don't hate HD. I just prefer my Vision.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My only reply is , and no disrespect to my many HD owning buddies on THIS forum
Please do not take my opinion personally , It is only my opinion , based on years of buddies and family that has owned them ... I do like Victory's , but I like Kawasaki's too ... But , I have no faith or like of HD . Turning me on to HD would be akin to saddlebags voting for a republican ... It aint gonna happen .:D

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Last week i went with 3 victory's and 16 HD riding to another island and have a humungous lot of fun, and at the end a HD rider went and bought a Vic Vision of U$D 46,000 so i guess what country you are in people stick together as "riders" and not Victory or HD or Aprilia...... bla bla bla

let it be ???? :Dcheersthumb up:ltr:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nothing wrong with either motorcycle or any motorcycle for that matter. Reading the post, you can see the true motorcyclists in there and then the posers, it's not hard to differentiate.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Well... they put a picture of the Vision up and say "Those Victory bikes are funny lookin'". It's like they don't know there are OTHER MODELS. Jackpot? Hammer? CrossRoads? Gunner? It's not like Victory ONLY makes Visions.

I mean, if it supports your position, you'll use it, even though it's easily refuted by putting up some pics like these.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
When I told one of my Harley buddies I was buying a Vic, he said "It's not the spaceship one, right?" *sigh*

1 - 20 of 100 Posts