Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What if your favoret pet @@@@

My cat died today after so many years together..... I miss him dearly.

Do you have a memory of your favorite pet?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Sorry for your loss. =^..^=

·
Registered
694 Posts
I loss my little Chihuahua last year and I was crushed. He was always cold and I had a full sweater wardrobe and Christmas clothing for him. I know the feeling. They rely so much on us for shelter and comfort that when they pass it's terrible. Instead of feeling like a weakling for grieving so much give thanks that you can offer that kind of love for an animal. That's a good thing!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I rely on my dog for comfort , he understands me .:D I have 3 dogs and a cat , couldn't imagine losing any one of them . Sorry for the loss of your little buddy . If you have the means ,go out and get yourself a new kitten , it will help ease the pain of your loss and you can start a new chapter . thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Lost my dog 'Magnum' a few years ago, he lived to be 14 years old, so we spent a lot of time together, picked him up as a pup out of a Meijers parking lot after someone dropped him off and no one else would take him home, best dog I ever had, loyal, smart, he could be a bit rambunctious and excited but all in all a great dog, spent his entire life outside, and yes he had a huge heater and straw to keep him warm, along with a heated bowl and COOKED food, gramps spoiled him.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I get a new one that weekend.
Sooo, I used to think this was the wrong answer. I had a prior dog pass away and it was 7 years before I was ready to move on. He was family, so I mourned a long time. You don't replace grandma right away when she passes, right?

Now I feel differently. There are so many dogs/cats in shelters that are in danger of getting put down on a daily basis. Some just because they "got old" or became otherwise "inconvenient". They need help.

We have two rescue dogs at the moment. And when they pass, my wife and I have decided to foster/adopt senior dogs. That way they will spend the last few years of their lives loved and safe instead of in a shelter.

Whatever route you want to go, please rescue. Save their life and improve yours.

And sorry for your loss.

Dan

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am offshore and my wife wraped my cat in my cloths and burried him in our garden where we sit every day..... I cannot express my feelings coz of my job now.... I pitty my wife being all alone.

Last night i was able to make 1 call and my wife put the speakerphone and my cat cried out MAUWWW so loud and scared when he hear my voice calling his name that it hurt in my bones..... My cat new he was dying and could not walk or talk. But when he heard my voice he cried out and tried to stand

A lesson learned in life..... I never wanne feel like this anymore

My heart go's out to all of you who lost a special pet....

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is saddest thread I have ever read. I'm am very sorry for your loss. We have a couple of cats and they really are great little buds. I would crushed if we lost one.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Last year I buried my 23 year old black cat, and after being with me so long. It still hurts my sole to think of him. His sister made it 17 years before she left. I am lucky in that I still had to furry friends at the house. My dog that is a little asshole, but a good spirit, and another cat[Dojha] that adopted us. The truly wunderous thing was watching the Dojha go from an aloof little prick; to a loving attentive friend, almost over night.
When the dog calls for time. I'll go to the shelter, and let a new one rescue me

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
""""And let a new one rescue me""""

Kind words from all of you.... Thank you
As big as men can be. A small critter can break our hearts.....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This is "Poochie" She's a bitch , and she knows it . Do I love her ? Hell yes I do.
IMG_1619.jpg

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My wife has two dogs and I have one. All small dogs and stay inside. They lay on the couch with us, one sleeps in the bed. My dog, Zoe, is a pug. I got her from Pug Rescue. I've fallen completely in love with this girl and she feels the same about me. The house can be full of people and she'll lay right at my side. She has to be with me all the time if I'm home. Her tongue is too large for her to comfortably fit it all in her mouth so there is always tongue hanging out. She's a nasty thing, turds fall from her when she runs and jumps. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. It's like the only feeling she's capable of feeling is love. When she goes, I'm certain I'm going to break down and bawl like a little kid. She is family and I love her more than I thought possible. I hope I get many more years with her but when it is her time, I think the ONLY way I can make it through it is to find another pug just like her and take her home with me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I too can relate to your loss. I've had to put down a few dogs and cats over the years and each one has been difficult. Been without a pet for almost 14 years now. Really want another but our life style is not suited for it. Once we retire though, we'll be looking for a "buddy or two".

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. My best friend for the last 12 years had to go to the Vet two days ago for a procedure that required them to knock him out. I held him while they gave him the shot and then while he "fell asleep". Watching his head slowly drop down as I held him was about all I could handle. Still chokes me up thinking about it. He's good now though, thank goodness.

I always tell people to go ahead and get another pet when one dies. As others have said, there are lots that need a good loving home, but let me add, you aren't "replacing" your lost friend, you are just making another one's life better.

Here's my buddy Saturn.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Very sorry for your loss ...... The little critters have a way of stealing your heart ....
...just know you made his (her) life wonderful !!

Peter

1 - 20 of 110 Posts