Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You make me cry, thank you for sharing and trying telling you "be strong" ain't working coz i feel like an idiot that the loss of your pup is remembering how much love a cat or dog can give you, a grown man shattered, and i still am shattered

Soooooo sorry and i hope you put your pup to rest and made him love you untill the last second of his puppy loving life... Your friend Andre
Thank you Andre , Shattered is an accurate term indeed . Thank you for starting this thread , it has a therapeutic effect in a way . Although , I don't think I could feel any worse then I do right now . Best Regards , Jodycheers

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I understand LilM. I have 4 dachshunds that we love very much I have spent much $ on them in taking care of them. I believe a person should take care of their baby's as we should. The reward is tremendous. Every night my babys get what we call nest time because that's where they were raised by our side from just weeks old. They lay in bed with us at night as we watch the news and movies. They sheet surf everywhere under the covers until they get to hot the they will poke their head out for cooler air. They have become spoiled to nest time and expect it every night. I love it too.Then we get up and put them in their nightly totes. I am very close to my Elle. She is deaf and has had a few back and neck issues and we have become inseparable. I dont know how I will be in her last day. Im sure a wreck. but I believe it reflects great character in a person when they regard there pets with high esteem. LilM if people want to tag us with being a pussy because we are compassionate for our friends so be it. but they should not consider that a weakness but a rather a strength. The Lord says that a righteous man regardeth his beast.

top 2 pics are of my oldest siblings. Elle on the left and chloe black and Elle yellow on the right they were babys.. next the the bottom left is Oscar at the hospital after he swallowed a WHOLE pecan. He was ready to come home..The next is Elle as an adult in dads lap. teh bottom Left is Sadie Oscars sister she is one heck of an dachsund. If there was ever a dachshund that could legitimately be a badger dog it would be her. As you can tell we keep their wight down because of back problems that they can get.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Very nice OH , and thank you for the kind words . I am taking this a lot harder then I had ever imagined . If my sadness was translated to anger , Watch Out ! Now if I can just stop balling ...:(

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
My most recent fallin friend Buster. One heck of a duck dog. died at 8 from Diabetes. I miss him dearly. I took him to hunting shows with me and he stayed in the hotel room with me at night. Well trained and well mannered. My fondest memory was one night in the hotel we yes we were in bed together . He would have it no other way. He would lay in the bed next to me like a human would.. well late at night I heard a BOOM.. I felt for him and he was not there I figured he fell off the bed. He never moved when I woke up in the morning he was still laying there were he fell. Asleep as could be. He was a true buddy. I miss you Buster.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
LilM I feel for you brother what you are going thru is normal. The best words I can give you are..Remember the good times, that's what are friends would want us to do. The proof of your bond with your friend is the pain in your heart. Years of love for a friend so speacial. It will always be there. Im sorry again for your lose. I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks again Okie , it helps to hear from true animal lovers such as yourself . I'm sure the pain will subside over time , but the good memories will last as long as I do .cheers

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Well , as fate would have it our beloved Poochie has passed . A perfectly healthy pup as of Thursday evening , her little brain was hit with a suspected blood clot causing her brain damage , paralysis on one side and blindness . She died in my arms last night about 8:30pm , by the tip of a needle . To say this has hit me and my family hard is an understatement . My close buddies all say I am fearless and have a bad attitude , if the saw me the last 12 hrs they would call me a blubbering pussy , I'm at work right now and can hardly keep my composure . The loss of this little dog has left me heartbroken , and I'm not ashamed to admit it . Rest in peace my little darling , Daddy loves you .
Jody,

My sincere condolences to you and your Family. It's a real kick in the gut when this happens and your heart aches to have them back. But, we try to remember all the love and joy they gave us every day, in the hope time will heal our grief.

Just yesterday, my Daughter came home from NYC with her Pom, Nino, who hadn't been eating as often as he usually does. She took him to our local Vet that knows him and the x-ray confirmed a large mass, pressing against his stomach and other organs. She was devastated! He just turned 15 on the day her Nephew was born, so there was no reason to put him through the agony of surgery. We took him to DQ last night for some soft serve and all of us took turns spending time with him.

Today came and we took that fateful drive that all pet owners dread. We have made this drive before and it doesn't get any easier. His last heartbeat ended at 1138 today. :(:( RIP, Nino. We Love You.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Dave , you also have my sincere condolences . That is a difficult story to read , 15 is a good long life for a k-9 , but I believe with that long life also comes more time to bond , and there in lies the rub . Poochie was a wonderful sweet dog and it hurts so bad , but Magnum is my boy , the thought of losing him , brings me to my knees . This has certainly opened my eyes to enjoying every second I have with my dogs , and my loved ones , evidently , life can turn on a dime , and it has .

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
What a beautiful little Dog. Nino looks wonderful. It rips my heart to hear of you good peoples loss. I know what your going thru and I hurt with you remembering my friends who have passed. I can only say what has helped me in the past is to find a new friend as soon as your heart will let you it will help..compassion sent

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
What a beautiful little Dog. Nino looks wonderful. It rips my heart to hear of you good peoples lose. I know what your going thru and I hurt with you remembering my friends who have passed. can only say what has helped me in the past is to find a new friend as soon as your heart will let you it will help..compassion sent
Thank you, OkieHoss for the thoughtful words. :) Our hearts are hurting and I know it's going to be very difficult for my Daughter when she gets back to her apartment in NYC tomorrow and she doesn't have her best friend with her. :(

I do believe that once her heart heals, she will allow herself to find another four-legged buddy to bond with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry for your losses tearing up reading these!! I just layed down with my pooch and held him.. Sorry mags and sorry Dave don't know how to help you than just offer condolences....the memory always stay no matter how many get replaced!!!! Can't wait to get to heaven to see all my old friends human and dog!!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thank you, OkieHoss for the thoughtful words. :) Our hearts are hurting and I know it's going to be very difficult for my Daughter when she gets back to her apartment in NYC tomorrow and she doesn't have her best friend with her. :(

I do believe that once her heart heals, she will allow herself to find another four-legged buddy to bond with.

That's part of what I tell people when they lose a close friend like this. Get another one. You aren't replacing the one you lost, you are giving another one a great, loving home. Honor the one you lost by giving another one a loving home ....

Excuse me while I go hug my cat....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well , as fate would have it our beloved Poochie has passed . A perfectly healthy pup as of Thursday evening , her little brain was hit with a suspected blood clot causing her brain damage , paralysis on one side and blindness . She died in my arms last night about 8:30pm , by the tip of a needle . To say this has hit me and my family hard is an understatement . My close buddies all say I am fearless and have a bad attitude , if the saw me the last 12 hrs they would call me a blubbering pussy , I'm at work right now and can hardly keep my composure . The loss of this little dog has left me heartbroken , and I'm not ashamed to admit it . Rest in peace my little darling , Daddy loves you .
I just read this Mags. That sucks sorry to hear this.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Sorry to hear Mags. I feel your pain. Lost both of our little loving dogs last year in March, two weeks apart. It was tough man. Especially my personal dog. Now we have two more and I swear they were sent by our last two. They are very similar but with none of the issues our last two had. What a joy our animals bring to us! Never forget that.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Had to have my fat buddy Sandridge put down today. He was 15 years old and a 22 pound baby. Tonight is me and the Mrs. first night ever in our house without him :(:(:(
Damn I'm gonna miss him!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Had to have my fat buddy Sandridge put down today. He was 15 years old and a 22 pound baby. Tonight is me and the Mrs. first night ever in our house without him :(:(:(
Damn I'm gonna miss him!!!!

Very, very, sorry for your loss.....Lost my little pal {Spike} 11/1/11 ....it hurts like all hell....In time you will [feel] better...and he was lucky to have had you & your wife for a family.....R.I.P....Sandridge.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts