Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I've been there and understand. We had to put both our girls down last year in March. Two weeks apart. It was absolutely horrible. Then the 4 months later two new ones showed up.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sorry for you loss Brother , it does get easier as time goes on ...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I miss a couple of two legged critters the most, but on balance the list of four leggers that have passed in and out of my life has brought me the most happiness, and the loss of them in my life has caused the greater sorrow, except cows. Tasty.

The Queen is particularly prone to grief and I ain't immune either and over time I come to believe a few things.

If possible always have more than one fuzzball. Grief is bearable when you have some beating heart to commiserate with. Much less so when you are alone with it.

When one passes replace that empty as quick as you can muster. This crap we tell ourselves about how we can't love again or it's too hard and so forth, that's a cheat that prevents us restoring our own joy and to a greater extent, it's a dodge that prevents giving shelter and love to an innocent that is in need. The opportunities to share love and home and hearth are redemptive and should be bottled and sold in vending machines.

If your critter throws a litter, don't keep more than one baby. If you do you are inviting the possibility of their passing years later to happen within a short, far too short space of time.

Anyway, we are the stewards of these lives. They came to our fires and we took them in. I choose to think that they did not enter our lives knowing that they would likely beat us to the finish line but we knew. It's a lousy deal but it's a better deal than no deal. When the inevitable happens, we and they are best served by renewing the pact. It's in the contract. Read the fine print.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Had to have my fat buddy Sandridge put down today. He was 15 years old and a 22 pound baby. Tonight is me and the Mrs. first night ever in our house without him :(:(:(
Damn I'm gonna miss him!!!!
Sorry mate ..... We all know how you feel, and it is not getting easier ... I carry the neckless in my bag every country i go .... I can't forget ..... I mustn't forget ....

Talk about Sandridge every day / week coz that is what we do .....

Again sorry to hear about your loss

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
On 1 august it was the birthday of our beloved cat .that passed.... This picture was taken that day .... 1 august... Also the day i left to work again ....

His name was BRANDY
On that day newborn kittens were born under my FJ40 and 2 abandoned adopted by my nice TASHA

So we took one kitten abandoned by its mother with 2 different color eyes and called it BRINTA
( brandy & tasha together )

I still miss our cat very much after all this time .... We talk about him almost weekly, .... We cannot forget him

Attachments

Reactions: OkieHoss

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Just had to put Kaiser down, without question the Best Fur Child ever had and had many animals .. While still have his Collar and Leash for a memory to me this is the best one of Him back in his better days ..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
What a beautiful and happy picture GatorJoe / chokes me up ..... I carry the Collar in my bag, every country I go ....

Reactions: GatorJoe

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I just found out this morning that my 12 year old dachsund has terminal bone cancer. It came on quick. went on a vacation July28 for 10 days got back she was at bording facility that is a reputable place and now shes limping and crying alot. I thought they dropped her and I was upset but maintained sanity through out. To find out now shes is terminal is heart breakng news. My wife is a wreck I am a wreck and who knows how much time my little Chloe has. i will keep her comfortable until I see her eyes telling me its time. Gosh I love this little girl so much.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I just found out this morning that my 12 year old dachsund has terminal bone cancer. It came on quick. went on a vacation July28 for 10 days got back she was at bording facility that is a reputable place and now shes limping and crying alot. I thought they dropped her and I was upset but maintained sanity through out. To find out now shes is terminal is heart breakng news. My wife is a wreck I am a wreck and who knows how much time my little Chloe has. i will keep her comfortable until I see her eyes telling me its time. Gosh I love this little girl so much.
Jesus Okie , real sorry to hear this ... I hope she has some quality time left , lots of treats for her don't forget !

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Jesus Okie , real sorry to hear this ... I hope she has some quality time left , lots of treats for her don't forget !
yes indeed she had a McDs cheeseburger today. Ü

I intend on spoiling her with the little time my baby has left. At night We call it nest time, when we go to bed and watch our late shows we let them (I have 4) get in bed with us as long as they are still. The rowdy ones go to the tote if they wont be still. They have done this since they were babys. They even expect it and get upset if we dont let them. Chloe even sick and feeling bad makes sure we know she wants in bed with us. shes a sweety.

I will dope her up and make sure she is happy and pain free. Thats what I would want.

Thanks for your heart felt concerns guys.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry to hear that Dill. New ones seem to help alot. Thanks for your good words.

Okie, I've said it in this post before, getting a new one isn't replacing the one you lost....it's giving another one a loving, caring home.

Hope you still have many happy days left with your pet!

....now excuse me while I go hug my buddy.... ImageUploadedByMO Free1442612488.900423.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
that pic makes me happy. I love dogs. Infact I kissed a dog and liked it. ��
but dont mistake my compassion for a weakness. The opposite is not very pretty
LOL! We were out of town over the weekend and I kissed my buddy on the head repeatedly when we got home. I was so glad to see him. :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
My second cat died today 4 august 2018 .... I am sad .... He has been sick for a long time, i like to believe he took a part of my cancer, and i am still alive ....

Love hurts .... Rest in peace my old friend ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My second cat died today 4 august 2018 .... I am sad .... He has been sick for a long time, i like to believe he took a part of my cancer, and i am still alive ....

Love hurts .... Rest in peace my old friend ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Beautiful cat. Condolences.

I’m kinda like Hans Solo, always stroking my own Wookie. I’m the root to all that’s evil, but you can call me Cookie.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts