101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss Brother , there is nothing worse then losing a faithful companion of the pet type . They bring so much joy , and cause so much pain ...:crying

·
Registered
543 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your other feline friend.

It is not easy to lose pets as they often become a 'friend' and often a 'member of the family'. Have lost several since I was a child (the last was ten years ago) and while the level of the feeling of loss may very depending on the connection with that pet, it is never easy.

As for the idea of a "rescue", one of our two dogs is a small, three legged, mixed breed. My wife calls him a "bright penny" which is a very accurate description and puts smiles on our faces daily.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I don’t know if I posted this before, but a buddy of mine lost his family cat earlier this year. He was more upset than he expected to be. He told me he felt guilty, thinking about replacing it with another one.

I told him, you aren’t replacing it, you are giving another one a chance to have a loving home. That made him feel much better.

My buddy, Saturn, turned 16 last week. He is super healthy and active, but I know our years together are shorter than they used to be. I get emotional just thinking about it, or writing this. I treasure every moment I get with him.

I’m kinda like Hans Solo, always stroking my own Wookie. I’m the root to all that’s evil, but you can call me Cookie.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Shocked that I was the last to post on here. I took my buddy, Saturn, to the vet today, to find out he has brain cancer. He is still healthy at 17 1/2. But brain cancer....

I am miserable today....

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I put down a cat earlier this year with some large external cancer looking growth. Mammary cancer is apparently a common thing for females that don't get spay.

My old buddy has been really hard to live with most this year. I have 4 litter boxes trying to get him to use them. Diabetic in remission but he's eating like a horse like thyroid issues but vet tests keep coming up normal. We've had 15 years together but this always hungry clawing at me for food every 3-4 hours and the not using litter box is getting hard to deal with.

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Shocked that I was the last to post on here. I took my buddy, Saturn, to the vet today, to find out he has brain cancer. He is still healthy at 17 1/2. But brain cancer....

I am miserable today....

Reading your post made my hair rise all over my body, I hope you and Saturn have a sleep together, a memory for life.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,056 Posts

I am miserable today....
Aw man; that sucks. One of the family. It's the only downside to having most pets. I once thought about getting a parrot (they can live 80 years) but then thought about what if something happened to me.

All we can do sometimes is give them the best quality of life possible then when it's time; not let them suffer.

·
Registered
602 Posts

I am miserable today....

awwww I lost my two siamese this year 18 and 19 years old....i blubbered like a baby for month...still miss them.... know how it feels man....just remember all the times they made you smile!

Rob

·
Registered
27 Posts
The loss of a Pet hits hard no question .. Just lost my 15 year old Dachshund and 3 Years before that my Shepherd/Wolf Now have an 11 Year old Jack Russell all to herself would like to get her a playmate but she just doesn't play well with others so guess will be a one animal owner until it's her turn .. Picture of Back when had all 3 of them ..

101 - 110 of 110 Posts