Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I bet he had a great life. Give another a chance at a great life too.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Getting a final weekend with my cat. Going to call up the vet Monday.

Last two years he's been continuously losing weight but eating crazy amount of food. 3x what he should be eating in a day. All tests always come back normal but obviously not normal. He's had a couple days in last month where I thought he was done. Then he bounced back. It's time to let him go. I just put another down last year from cancer. Had a huge mass on the stomach area.

When Boots is gone I will be petless for the first time in my life.
Give him all your love and talk to him, then he knows that his end is near.... Love your pets....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
801 Posts
Getting a final weekend with my cat. Going to call up the vet Monday. 😢

Last two years he's been continuously losing weight but eating crazy amount of food. 3x what he should be eating in a day. All tests always come back normal but obviously not normal. He's had a couple days in last month where I thought he was done. Then he bounced back. It's time to let him go. I just put another down last year from cancer. Had a huge mass on the stomach area.

When Boots is gone I will be petless for the first time in my life.
That sucks Indy sorry to hear about your cat....condolences...hurts to lose em!!

Be Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Yes it sucks. He's been my constant companion 15 years. Always touching me. In my lap, on my feet, in the bed. He's still going through the motions but he can't get into bed or into the recliner by himself. He's weak but still trying to be normal. Really sucks the vet couldn't figure this out. Couple weeks ago he was very distant I thought he give up.
Hurts to let him go but I can't watch him get worse than he is now. Prior to last couple weeks he was still able to get in bed and stuff by himself.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Comes to door to meet me every time I get home. Jumps in window to see me when I pull in driveway.
I'm really gonna miss this cat. My first house and he's been with me through everything here with me.
Sorry venting this week, and especially tomorrow, is gonna suck.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Damn man, sorry @IndyVictory - I know how it feels to lose a kitty. =^..^=

·
Registered
801 Posts
That sucks big time...i know the feeling...8( sad days good memories...

Stay Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Appointment set for Thursday. That's earliest they had available. Going to be a long week.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
We need a dislike button. Hardest part of having a pet....

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
801 Posts
well enjoy the next couple days...good luck thurs!

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Appointment set for Thursday. That's earliest they had available. Going to be a long week.
It's Thursday in UAE.... are you OK?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's Thursday in UAE.... are you OK?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Wednesday here. I will be okay but right now I could cry a bit. Did plenty of that on the weekend when I made up my mind to do this. His newest thing is he can't hold his bodily functions in. Leaving a trail today and I'm having a hard time keeping up with cleaning floor.
I'm going to miss him but clearly he isn't himself anymore and quality of life isn't where it needs to be for him or me.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
801 Posts
Wednesday here. I will be okay but right now I could cry a bit. Did plenty of that on the weekend when I made up my mind to do this. His newest thing is he can't hold his bodily functions in. Leaving a trail today and I'm having a hard time keeping up with cleaning floor.
I'm going to miss him but clearly he isn't himself anymore and quality of life isn't where it needs to be for him or me.
you've timed it right for both of you tomorrow will be come and gone soon, but your memories will last forever....

Rob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I opted to go inside with him and that won't be easy. My facemask will be soaking up the tears.

Probably be a while before I get another cat. Losing two in a little over a year sucks.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
He's gone. The vet doing the shot said most likely it was intestinal cancer and that he has probably been in pain so now I feel like crap. He didn't seem to be in pain but cats hide it well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
He's gone. The vet doing the shot said most likely it was intestinal cancer and that he has probably been in pain so now I feel like crap. He didn't seem to be in pain but cats hide it well.
sorry Indy but ya trying to love them sometimes hurts them....all the good memories now is what to lean towards when the crying stops....

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I opted to go inside with him and that won't be easy. My facemask will be soaking up the tears.

Probably be a while before I get another cat. Losing two in a little over a year sucks.
When I read this I almost let a tear too, so sorry for your loved pets.... I still carry my first pet necless in my computer bag after all those years.... 1 Augustus is the Birtday of my first cat and my wife and children will put "black flores" cake on his grave in my garden, all family still put flowers on the grave of my first cat.... It still hurts after so many years....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I am offshore and my wife wraped my cat in my cloths and burried him in our garden where we sit every day..... I cannot express my feelings coz of my job now.... I pitty my wife being all alone.

Last night i was able to make 1 call and my wife put the speakerphone and my cat cried out MAUWWW so loud and scared when he hear my voice calling his name that it hurt in my bones..... My cat new he was dying and could not walk or talk. But when he heard my voice he cried out and tried to stand

A lesson learned in life..... I never wanne feel like this anymore

My heart go's out to all of you who lost a special pet....
Today was the birthday of our first cat Brandy that passed in 2015, i feel sad to the bone, maybe its because i did not go home for almost 6 months,

We buried all our cats together in the past years
1. Brandy
2. Daniel
3. Victor

We still have 2 cats, there names are
1. Jack
2. Zorro

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I have only had one animal that I hated to have her put down. She was sick and wasn't going to get any better. When I went to the drive in window at the bank, they would always sent out a treat for her. She would always get excided when we pulled up to the bank. She knew she was getting a treat.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts