Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the shorter crowd, looking to see what you did as far as highway pegs. Hopefully someone else has already found the solution.

It looks like the Vic pegs leave you stretched out some if short. Is the best thing going to be a combination of parts from Vic or Kewlmetal and Kuryakyn for best fit?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I thought about adding a set too, but after many rides (I'm 5'7") I realize I don't need them. I found I can stretch out, change body and leg/foot position (with driver back rest) as needed. I would think that someone 6' or taller would need some type of HWY pegs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What is your inseam? I am 5'10 but have relatively short legs (29.5") inseam which is a bit short for my height. I bought the Kewlmetal plates and mounted Ness pegs. I put the kewlmetal brackets so that they are on their lowest point & it seems to work pretty well (for me).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your inseam? I am 5'10 but have relatively short legs (29.5") inseam which is a bit short for my height. I bought the Kewlmetal plates and mounted Ness pegs. I put the kewlmetal brackets so that they are on their lowest point & it seems to work pretty well (for me).
30" inseam. I wish I could try some out to see if I would like them.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I'm 6'1 with a 34" inseam and have yet to install any. I did just order some but I don;t know how often I'll really use them. With as large as the floor boards are I wouldn't think anyone under 6' would need them with out lowering the seat, but what do I know.

Hope the pegs work out for you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Be honest now... this isn't about comfort... it's about looking cool. You can always mount the Victory highway pegs further back on the floorboards or better yet put the mount where they say and buy some extenders which you can swivel up and back.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am 5' 7" with a 28" inseam. I have found that on trips the floor boards give me plenty of space for my feet. No highway pegs for me. Also, this is the first bike I have owned in a long while that I didn't feel the need for a backrest. The little rise between the passenger seat and mine appears to be just enough for me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am 6ft 1 and no highway pegs. Not sure how anyone finds them comfortable. They rotate all of your weight to your tailbone, not too mention most people look ridiculous.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm 6'1 with a 34" inseam and have yet to install any. I did just order some but I don;t know how often I'll really use them. With as large as the floor boards are I wouldn't think anyone under 6' would need them with out lowering the seat, but what do I know.

Hope the pegs work out for you.
Floor board give me plenty of room to move feet around. Never had highway pegs, but thought they may allow just some different positioning on long rides. I will pass on them for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts