Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my bike yesterday and I noticed on the left side of the bike on the front part of the engine (next to the gear shifter), there is a small unpowdercoated section; and in the middle of this section there is hole that appears to be threaded. Just wondering what the heck it it? I have a 2011 Vegas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What is it? It is a small unpowdercoated secton with a threaded hole in it. What it is for is beyond me, but I have that too. Probably to mount a bracket or something on different model bikes. I just masked it off and gave it a touch of flat black high temp paint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't notice it until yesterday and now it drives me nuts...my eyes are drawn to it. Surely, it has a purpose. Has anyone bought something that is supposed to mount there?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
It's nothing to be worried about :)

Victory haven't changed the casting mould from an earlier development cycle though what purpose it had back then I do not know.

Was going to ask Sebastian silversmiths to tap me a bolt with a mini 8 ball on top so I don't have to look at it.

Reagrds

Dannae

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's funny, I was about 600 miles from home on my last bike and noticed a similar hole....right about where a motor mount would go. You can imagine my concern.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks, If there is enought interest was thinking about having a machine shop water-jet out a few dozen. I'm not sure what they would cost yet.
Looks good i noticed that the other day myself but I had figured it had to do with the 2007 and previous location of the oil lines so I just wrote it off... Your cover looks good if you made a cover you could probably sell it for a couple of dollars. but personally I was just going to ask what thinkness material you used and if you put a dab of silicone under it to ward off the evils of cancer with the metal to metal contact or if you just painted both sides well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks good i noticed that the other day myself but I had figured it had to do with the 2007 and previous location of the oil lines so I just wrote it off... Your cover looks good if you made a cover you could probably sell it for a couple of dollars. but personally I was just going to ask what thickness material you used and if you put a dab of silicone under it to ward off the evils of cancer with the metal to metal contact or if you just painted both sides well.
It is made from 16ga. That's the correct thickness once you get a couple of coats of painted on both sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts