Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the vision trunk? I ask because the weight limit for the trunk is 29 lbs so if you put a bag on the rack you exceed said limit. unless it is just for looks witch is alot of coin for nothing.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I don't have a Vision, but can see where a rack would be very useful. If the limit is 29 pounds and you use the trunk for helmet storage, you could easily put a bag on the rack and still be within specs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use a rack on the vision, very useful with a passenger. I'm sure I am over the 29 lb limit but have no problems. Used one on my other bike that I had also.

·
Registered
784 Posts
29 pounds is probably a lot more than you think. Unless you are putting in heavy objects it will take quite a large amount to add up to that.

Sent from a small keyboard using fat fingers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That stock little OEM fender rack you can get for the vegas is only rated at 10 lbs. load. I figure there is at least a safety factor of 10 built in. In fact I have lifted the back of bike using that rack and would not hesitate to sit on it in an emergency.

Ma Vic is going to tell you to keep the load down to cover their butts. use common sense and put what you need to on it.

m

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good rule of Thumb learned long ago .. Heavier stuff down low and Lighter stuff up high ..
Hell Joe if that were true Pop would have size 30 shoes and washboard abs.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
downforce! for the warp speed runs.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good replies.I may get one now.The thing that worries me is when I had my 04 Vegas with the luggage rack I broke 2 before I was told the wght limit was only 5 friggin pounds!!!!! All I had put on it at the time was a bikers friend barrel bag (which I loved) and the heaviest thing I put in that was a 12 pk on the way home frome work.The liquor store was 4 blocks from my house so it wasnt like I rode all ove town with it.But i can see where you can use it for lighter stuff and they do look sharp on the bike.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't have a Vision, but my passengers' rack is less than 29 pounds:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stand corrected. Its 20 lbs.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's not a VV but it's the same rack.
The tent weighs about 10lbs and the dry bag (with down sleeping bag, 2 sleeping pads, pillows and a sheet) weighs maybe 20 lbs. Rides back there very well and I can't even feel the weight while carving the curves.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tent weighs about 10lbs and the dry bag (with down sleeping bag, 2 sleeping pads, pillows and a sheet) weighs maybe 20 lbs. Rides back there very well and I can't even feel the weight while carving the curves.

I would imagine that clothes and other stuff was in the trunk. would make it close . Your not worried about it breakin?

·
Registered
827 Posts

I would imagine that clothes and other stuff was in the trunk. would make it close . Your not worried about it breakin?
The rack on the trunk is mounted with large fender washers to prevent breakage.
Inside the trunk is my netbook, my wife's i pad and some odds and ends. We try to keep the trunk empty enough to be able to stuff our jackets inside.

My wife gets the right side saddle bag and I get the other. Whatever doesn't fit, doesn't go.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah.so you dont go over the limit if so not by much.I have to get used to packing for trips on a bike. Cant be taking all the creature comforts of home with ya.I dont have a problem with that its the wife.So I guess she will just have to stay home.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Use the fender washers when you mount it, inside and out. Don't go doing things that can cause the front to leave the ground when its loaded up.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Use the fender washers when you mount it, inside and out. Don't go doing things that can cause the front to leave the ground when its loaded up.
Also when the trunk lid is open, don't depend on the little cable that holds it open. I just hold onto the lid with one hand. With only one cable the hinges are very vulnerable to breakage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts