Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/28/texas-gears-up-for-new-open-carry-handgun-law.html?intcmp=hphz09

Say you go into a restaurant, do you really think there will be a skirmish if about half are carrying a gun?

I actually think you should feel safer unless of course some trouble makers are known to often show up there.

I can guarantee you that no one is going to beebop in there and try to rob the place if they know it has an open/carry policy allowing customers to wear their choice of protection.

I think this would probably keep folks settled.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
What is the worst that could happen?
Worst-case scenario: bad guy attempts to rob the place, good guys take out their guns and try to kill the bad guy. How many innocents (carrying and non-carrying) are killed? Not everyone is a perfect shot.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
See open carry often in AZ honestly I hardly even notice anymore.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its not like the old days when the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys wore black hats, Once the sparks start flying all betts off....:eek

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Worst-case scenario: bad guy attempts to rob the place, good guys take out their guns and try to kill the bad guy. How many innocents (carrying and non-carrying) are killed? Not everyone is a perfect shot.
LESS then if no good guys are armed .

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Not necessarily. Someone doesn't get shot at every robbery; perhaps the robber was hoping no one would call his bluff.
However, we can never know these things ...

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Not necessarily. Someone doesn't get shot at every robbery; perhaps the robber was hoping no one would call his bluff.
However, we can never know these things ...
When not at work I'm carrying and if I walked into a robbery or if one started while I was there I would hit the dirt with everyone else. The heroic bullshit is just that and why would anybody want to make a bad situation worse by starting a gunfight when the azzhole just wants the money so he can run out. This "I'm a badass with a gun" crap is just the ticket the gun grabbers are looking for.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you wear one, I figure you got the balls to use it. The problem I see in this country is the crazies are outnumbering the would be heroes. If I was strapping a gun, somebody got killed, and I did nothing, I should go to jail for being a poser.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
569 Posts
Granted not everyone is a "perfect shot", but it is not as if just any Joe Blow can carry. You still have to go through the school taught by a registered and licensed firearm instructor to get a license to carry. Yes people do fail the practical portion of the school and are unable to carry, but for the most part when they finish the school they can hit their target.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I'm all for concealed carry and do so almost all the time. Open carry, on the other hand, has a few negatives. It makes the carrier the first target of the crime. It scares the crap of the sheeple. It forfeits the element of surprise.
If no one is about to be murdered, I'll leave it concealed and live to tell the story. Incidents where bystanders are shot accidentally by non-criminals are about as rare as oil-tight HDs.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Open carry in rural areas in normal and seen all the time. Having said that; I too believe carrying concealed is the better way. Gotta understand though; these guys and gals live and work on ranches or farms. Having a sidearm open in a holster is like putting your wallet in your jeans before heading to the store to them. They don't even think about it. It really isn't just for some crazy person or criminal to them. It's about a wild animal where it's the animal or them. It happens. Ever seen an angry badger charging toward you with those teeth bared or maybe some animal with rabies? You want as much firepower as you can get. Small concealable pistols are generally weak .380's or 9mm compared to 10mm or 357magnum. Some are .45's though and they do have decent stopping power.

Did you all know that even if you hit someone in the heart; they still have up to 45 seconds of life left in them to do whatever which could mean your life. That's why head shots are so much more preferred. Right in the sinus cavity is best.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right in the sinus cavity is best.
Um! Thanks... I guess.

I don't believe there is a balance in this world of violence where one can feel safe just running an errand or even going to the office or movie theater.

The crazies out there don't care who is carrying... however, if there are more of you carrying and allowed into various establishments, and more of you taking out the bad guys, maybe the idgits will eventually start backing down from their attempts to wreak havoc wherever and whenever they like.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read recently that there were a large number of teens at a mall just going nuts. The security guards were overcome and they had to call in over 50 policemen and still not enough. The mall had to be shut down.

Whats up with everyone? Why are parents letting their teens go wild?

Look! 2016 is not going to be any different for there will continue to be various shootings in our country just like last year. Maybe more occurrences and maybe more deaths...

If you happen to be somewhere with your family and you hear some popping going on and people scattering, are you going to hesitate and think it is a movie being filmed or some kind of prank? What are you going to do when you finally wake up? Right! Whatever you can to protect your loved ones. If you just happen to have a 357 strapped on you and the crazy approaches, you're going to pull it, right?

This is no longer a rare occurrence. Your city is not immune to someone freaking out for whatever reason.

Do you answer someone spilling blood by trying to talk him down? Nope! You answer with all your might.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
There have always been people freaking out. However, seems like there are more of them now, and any sort of news/occurrance is immediately broadcast to everyone on social media. If there is any sort of issue/fight/event, the first thing people do is whip out their phones because they all wanna be the next big YouTube star.

Parents of these kids just don't seem to give a ****. Either that, or they were *afraid* to discipline their kids because of 'zOMG ABUSE' lawsuits, etc. These days, kids can (and do!) sue their parents if they are disciplined. Just try to take away a teenager's phone for a week because they didn't clean their room, or smack them because they mouthed off to you. When I was a kid, you just didn't do that. Nowadays, the parents swear/curse/etc all day right in front of their kids, so what do they expect?

1 - 20 of 194 Posts