Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike torn apart pretty good this past week for new tires and some upgrades. It is a 2012 Vic XCT. Under the front left lobe of the tank sitting on the left side of the frame is a large wire connector. This has a ton of wires running in and out of it. Right next to this big connector is a small connector that is not connected to anything. Does anyone know what it is for? Below is a picture of the big connector and the small lonely connector who has no mate.

G'day,

Vinish

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Small connector is for driving lights - it's also a good source for switched power if you want to run something else off it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small connector is for driving lights - it's also a good source for switched power if you want to run something else off it.
Awesome. Thank you very much. As usual, the Victory Forums comes through.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm going to have to remember that is there.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Is it switched power or always powered ?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it switched power or always powered ?
ammo_umb said specifically that it was switched power. I have no interest in driving lights so did not test the connector when the tank was off so can neither confirm nor refute ammo-umb's comment.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
ammo_umb said specifically that it was switched power. I have no interest in driving lights so did not test the connector when the tank was off so can neither confirm nor refute ammo-umb's comment.

G'day,

Vinish
Ahhh , I missed that one . Thank you Vin .

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I started second guessing myself so I double checked this morning - bike switched on, driving lights on - bike switched off, driving lights off.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Crimp blade connectors to your wiring, plug them in, and electrical tape them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That right there is for heated toilet paper young man LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Connector

Does anyone know what the connector model # is this would plug into?
I would like to know this too!

I spent WAY too much time this past weekend trying to find the mate to that Delphi connector.:crzy: If I can't find it soon, I'll just cut off that connector and put on a different one. I hate cutting wires and splicing into my harness. I prefer to use the same style connector and create a plug-n-play type setup. I like the ability to remove the "add-on" if I need to down the road without compromising the existing wiring.

If someone finds the mate to this connector, please share!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would like to know this too!

I spent WAY too much time this past weekend trying to find the mate to that Delphi connector.:crzy: If I can't find it soon, I'll just cut off that connector and put on a different one. I hate cutting wires and splicing into my harness. I prefer to use the same style connector and create a plug-n-play type setup. I like the ability to remove the "add-on" if I need to down the road without compromising the existing wiring.

If someone finds the mate to this connector, please share!
Another alternative that allows for a quality, clean install and usually cheaper in the long run is to get some waterproof automotive connectors off eBay and swap out the stock one. Something like this or similar: 5 Kits 2 Pin Way Car Truck Waterproof Electrical Wire Connector Plug Terminal | eBay

Shop around for the correct gauge connector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts