1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
The "paid for" mod. thumb up

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Pulling off the air filter lip is my favorite due to its unbeatable cost, short labor time, and instant results.

I cannot name the favorite mod without mentioning the two runner ups. I love my totally hidden air horn and HID headlight (low and high beam). They're only runner ups because their cost was higher than $0.00, leaving the air filter gasket as my winner.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Bandit flamed seat

·
Registered
567 Posts
Have to name just 1...? Damn, I enjoy each and every Mod I do to it....probably the After market pipes and air box....brought some teeth to the beast.....LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Favorite mod

Candy blue powdercoated frame on my 05 Kingpin. But that does not really count because I just got to back from the coater and I still have to put the bike back together.

I am putting 05 92ci cams in my 06 Hammer along with an S&S airbox and 5 degree offset cam gears. That could end up being my favorite mod also.

Lstar

·
Registered
567 Posts
thanks for all the input! the reason i asked this question was to see what mods i should get into first.
Most people would say performance airbox 1st...then maybe exhaust....depends on what you are looking for...the bikealready rides great...maybe you would like cosmetics first......might want to check out Kewl Metal, or Victory only, or one of my favorites Cycle Ops...there aren't a lot of people doing Victory's at the moment but with some patience you can find them.....I like the expression...Request them and they will come.....LOL.. wac

·
Registered
336 Posts
My favorite was the first mod I made and that is when I add my ass to the seat!!!!! :ltr:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most people would say performance airbox 1st...then maybe exhaust....depends on what you are looking for...the bikealready rides great...maybe you would like cosmetics first......might want to check out Kewl Metal, or Victory only, or one of my favorites Cycle Ops...there aren't a lot of people doing Victory's at the moment but with some patience you can find them.....I like the expression...Request them and they will come.....LOL.. wac
I have seen this Cycle Ops here a few times now but I can't find it on the web. All it brings up is stuff for bicycles??? What am I missing??? Does anyone have a link to their site....it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks folks thumb up

·
Registered
782 Posts
With so small of an aftermarket for our bikes (as compared to H-D and most Metrics), many of us end up with the same mods in the end. So the trick is trying to come up with something unique, which is what makes this my favorite:

Bar end mirrors.

Doesn't sound like a huge deal really, but I didn't want Joker style bar ends, and that's about the only style available for 1" bars unfortunately. I wanted ones that could swivel, and have the choice of where they sit. Mine swing under the grips. So the machinist I went to had to custom fab adapters to allow the end that's supposed to fit a max 7/8th" bar, and just when he figured that out... I threw another challenge at him. I didn't want my Kuryakyn black ISO grips left open at the end. On top of that, I wanted to be able to use the Throttle Boss. After some cursing, and 3 tries at it... he finally figured it out. So now I have seamless fit with a true custom mod to my bike.

I love my MBW LED turns because nothing looks worse than that tacky fender turn/license holder, this really smoothed out the look. And I love my exhaust, really woke the bike up and made it sound like a man's bike instead of that neutered stock pipe sound.

I'm done modding for now after putting a lot of time and $ into her (other mods I haven't listed here too), but I'll be on the prowl for that next custom mod that might hopefully set my ride apart from all the others.... cheers

·
Registered
336 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts