Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those that don't wear helmets, or half or even 3/4 what kind of glasses do you wear. After buying my jp I must've bought four pair of glasses from Randy's. They all fit nice but I just couldn't wear them riding. Every last pair had my eyes tearing up. Anything over fifty and I would have a stream of water out of my right eye. After about a month of this I stopped at a Harley dealership in Lisle, Il and found a pair of goggles with transition lenses. The absolute best purchase ever. They were pricey but I haven't worn anything since. Unfortunately the foam on them didn't last a year. Damn shame you can't get replacement foam for them. Especially for as much as i paid. I actually cut up a coozi to make new eye pieces. Works great. The goggles are called HD Road Classics.

What do you guys wear or recommend?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wiley X and I've had them for 3 years. When the foam wears out I just call the co. and they send a replacement free of charge. No tearing up and the fit is great but I have to say they're pricey.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a couple pairs of Wiley-X with prescription transition lenses that the side pieces pop off and a goggle strap snaps in that I use on my bike with no windshield-they're the only thing that works other than a full face.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
At Victory of Mesa I picked up a pair of Victory-branded (!) riding glasses with interchangeable lenses for $40. they keep the wind of my eyeballs really well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just pick up a pair of dark sunglasses off the rack at the local truck stop when I need a pair that not all scratched up, use for day riding and a pair of yellow tint saftey glasses for night riding, the yellow tint work far better at nocking down the headlight glare than clears, although I hear they are not legal for night riding, law book in Wis says non-tinted riding glasses or face shield for night time use.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Sorry Mike. I have no issue with my vision protection. I wear either a 3/4 or a full face helmet and both have built in vision protection. My state laws require vision protection but they do recognize the protection provided by typical rated protective equipment.
That means I never have a run in with my LLEA. They are always ready to work with me to work out how to do this better.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thats is nice they recognize youre shield, here in AZ you can ride without a helmet but you'll get pulled over without eye pro it has happened to me lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up Wiley X sunglasses, and so far, the best eye protection to date. They look just as nice as my Oakley's and were half the price.

It's amazing how much protection the foam inserts provide. I have absolutely no issues with my eyes tearing.

Check out Amazon. I think I got my pair for only $60 shipped, 2 day shipping. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
Here is my eye protection:
HJC IS-MAX with built-in sunshield :)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I just picked up Wiley X sunglasses, and so far, the best eye protection to date. They look just as nice as my Oakley's and were half the price.

It's amazing how much protection the foam inserts provide. I have absolutely no issues with my eyes tearing.

Check out Amazon. I think I got my pair for only $60 shipped, 2 day shipping. :)
Which model did you get?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Lenscrafters
Trifocal
Progressive
Polarized
Transition
ANSI
Sideshields

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Diggin the sg-1's from Wileyx. I don't mind the price as long as you can replace foam and/ or lenses if necessary. I get real noid turning my head at high speeds and seeing my glasses go bye-bye. Has happened. So goggles for me. Now to find a dealer because i'm not paying for those without trying them on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but this is what I use. Global Vision Kickback, they have the foam padding to keep the wind out of your eyes and the price is great, just ordered a pair for less than $15.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
As Broggyr said back in June, I also use my HJC-IS-MAX with the built in sun shield. It is a nice supplement to my prescription sunglasses.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I am currently using some regular, brand-name, close-fitting wraparound sunglasses with or without windshield. No matter the brand really, my preference, though, is for zero peripheral obstruction. Before I got the turbulence under control on my XC, I was using some of those foam-lined wraparounds. Some with earpieces, some full elastic headbands. Good idea that works against fanning your eyeballs but I found the peripheral obstruction annoying. I couldn't find any that wrapped around far enough to get rid of the obstruction from the frames being held away from your face by the foam seal and into your periphery. If I try them on and can see a big chunk of frame as I go sidelong, me no like. When I switch lanes, regardless of what the mirrors may say, I do a quick, full head swing and eyeball turn for complete Technicolor Idiotvision. Another red flag for me in glasses is a big, fat earpiece hinge like in the pic in the post above, sorry dope man. Remember, this is just some knucklehead's opinion. Some of these things being sold are like wearing blinders to a degree and just degrade one's situational awareness, some to a significant degree, IMO. To each his own, of course, but something to consider I should think when shopping up eyewear. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts