1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
An old cheap leather jacket that I have worn for 10 years...got close to 50,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I had to select textile cuz that's what I predominately wear for riding. And of course, all my jackets have armor, except a very heavy leather Victory jacket. I could not pass up the tremendous bargain my dealer offered on it. He said Ma Vic told him to fire sale all the gear and items with the old logo and this jacket was on the close out rack priced at a small fraction of sticker. Ironically, all it had on it was the word victory on the front and the back...no logo. Go figger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Textile in the winter and leather in the warmer weather. Had the leather a long time and always take it on any long trips. Kind of a security blanket thing.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Harley Davidson FXRG Leather - Armored and Waterproof! Second jacket for HOT weather is a mesh Victory jacket. Love 'em both.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Recently, I've been wearing a long sleeve heated jacket liner by Victory, sometimes if it's colder with a Victory waterproof windbreaker over that. It's nice not being too bulky and yet warm.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Joe Rocket Leather w/liner in winter - Joe Rocket textile/mesh in warmer mmonths. Only brand in 3x Tall that will fit me.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I doubt that I would ride motorcycles at all if it did not include the wholesale murder of cows.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Started with a Victory Medina textile..liner sleeve fell apart in minutes! Took it back next day, got a wind/ waterproof Fulmer with armor and liner + almost enough money back to get another helmet.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Soft Leather - I tried a number of the textile jackets with and without liners that I thought might work for me but nothing FEELS as right as plain, simple leather. Mine is a jacket that the wife bought me about 10 years ago and although it has a few "bike" features, it has no "armor" in it (because they simply didn't do that a decade ago). Mine is also a VERY SOFT leather and most women love the feel of it. The inside is lined and believe it or not, it was branded by Calvin Klein. Great jacket and can keep me toasty to about freezing temps (colder if I wear a long underwear top as well). The textile jackets just seem to me to be like a 50 year old trying to act young by riding a skateboard. Sure, I can still do it, but it just doesn't FEEL right...to me.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Textile
Black
Tour Master Intake 3
thinsulate liner and rain liner
What time of year?

Currently I'm wearing a waterproof textile with an electric Gerbing liner.

When it warms up a bit, it'll be a leather jacket.

When it gets hot, I'll wear a textile "air" jacket and throw the waterproof liner in a saddlebag.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Speed and Strength textile jacket, wear it year around.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What time of year?

Currently I'm wearing a waterproof textile with an electric Gerbing liner.

When it warms up a bit, it'll be a leather jacket.

When it gets hot, I'll wear a textile "air" jacket and throw the waterproof liner in a saddlebag.
Year around, take the liners out and it's an air jacket put them in and it's very warm. When it's low 30s I add a flannel shirt.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Year around, take the liners out and it's an air jacket put them in and it's very warm. When it's low 30s I add a flannel shirt.
True, I have the same air jacket as yours and it is a versatile sumgun. But I've collected a lot of gear over the years and I tend to wear things until they fall apart.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Olympia

Olympia MOAB in HiViz. Most leather jackets are not high enough quality to protect you in a crash.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts