Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of miles do you have on your victory? Have you had any issues with the bike?

Especially those with 20,000 + I would like to hear from, though anyone can reply, Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
What kind of miles do you have on your victory? Have you had any issues with the bike?

Especially those with 20,000 + I would like to hear from, though anyone can reply, Thanks.
What do you ride?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's just shopping around and looking for issues that arise with more miles.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I'll break 10,200 on my way home today.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
close to 15000 miles.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
34,000 miles on my bike. No issues. Cams, PCV and timing wheel to be installed on Friday.

Love this bike!!!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
14K + a little. No issues, very happy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do I ride? I have owned Harleys for the last 27 years and am thinking of something different. I have put many miles on them and am checking out other brands durability as I tend to put 30,000 + on some bikes and know that the harleys will run many more than that. I have ridden across the Country a couple of times on a 1987 Softail with Tijuana leather bags.

I like to tour with my bikes and I do not want issues when miles get up there, that is why I am asking for information. The Victory's are comfortable and I like the ride, but have only taken a couple 10 mile demo rides, so it's hard to guage.

I just sold 2011 Road King a little over a month ago and have been looking at all brands. Right now, I have my Kawasaki KLR to buzz around on.

So that is why I have so many questions and where I am coming from as I do not know the brand well and am looking for experiences and knowledge above my demo rides.

Thanks cheers

·
Registered
504 Posts
I put 17,000 miles on my 2011 Cross Country in about a year and half doing some touring and alot of around town riding. Being only the second year of the model I was kinda skeptical too, but knowing Vic history, I figured it would be just fine. I do oil filter changes every 2500 miles and oil change at about 5000 miles, did all the other services by the book miles and never had any problems with it. I did replace a battery that went uncharged for about a month last year, but I did a deep cycle charge on it and it works fine now. Im trying to sell the brand new one now!

All in all I am very pleased with the bike. ready for many more miles on the new and improved 'XR1750'

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Would love to do more touring but don't have the time. Just 6k miles on mine in a year and a half but had oil leak out of primary gasket the first week (dealer replaced gasket and has not leaked since). Had to have my rear shock replaced at 7 months and 3k miles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
19,524 miles on a 2013 XCT.

No issues at all and the maintenance is easy to do yourself.

However, it does not sit well on my yellow craftsman jack. I use a wheel chock to hold the bike in place when jacking it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
19,524 miles on a 2013 XCT.

No issues at all and the maintenance is easy to do yourself.

However, it does not sit well on my yellow craftsman jack. I use a wheel chock to hold the bike in place when jacking it up.
I have the same yellow jack. It lifts easily enough, but it sure wobbles a lot. I have never had my bike come close to slipping off, however - the GoldWing or the XCT.

·
Registered
85 Posts
it sure wobbles a lot.
Yep - I agree. I have used one of the extenders on one side then the other trying to figure out how to make it more stable.

I used to have a VTX and PepsX stand. I could sit on the VTX while up on the jack or stand and it was ROCK solid.

This XCT is a Weeble..... LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did 9100 in my 1st year - last season.....

I'm at 11,040 right now.

No issues.

Peter

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have about 58,000 miles on my Kingpin. I had to replace a leaking forks seal at 50,000. No others issues on it.
I have just over 30,000 on my Cross Roads, and no issues on it either.
I have gone through a few tires and quite a bit of oil.
I average about 18,000 - 20,000 miles per year

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Yep - I agree. I have used one of the extenders on one side then the other trying to figure out how to make it more stable.

I used to have a VTX and PepsX stand. I could sit on the VTX while up on the jack or stand and it was ROCK solid.

This XCT is a Weeble..... LOL
You guys NEED this...a cheap solution to the wobbles. Click the second link in my signature. Yes, it works.thumb up

John (MA); Re dependability of Victorys; an extended warranty is a waste of money. I passed on a 5 year for $400 and the dealer agreed I wouldn't need it. 4-1/2 years later and I'm still ahead of that game.
What little maintenance there is is very easy to do for this 77 year old. One oil drain plug and a filter that doesn't dribble on the engine bits. Change the belt in 1/2 hour. No one has had stator probs. Wimpy horn was my only complaint, but I cured that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just about 37000 miles on my 2012 xr and no problems getting ready to do at least a 4000 mile trip in bout a month and I have no fear of it making it with any problem

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
What kind- Mostly city in the last 2K, prior owner was mostly rural.

How many- 13.6K

Issues: Tank delaminated (inside), attributed to last owner's lack of prep for storage.

The rest is just maintenance and upgrades, so far.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts