Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had a pair of Milwaukee harness riding boots that were purpose built for riding. They have been fine but I don't take long rides in them as they are not great for touring. They don't have the protection of touring boots and I'm looking for a bit more protection now. I would like to get a boot that is more of a dedicated touring boot.

I've been looking around and I really like the Icon 1000 Prep($270) and the Tourmaster Solution Air($130). Both are waterproof but that's where the similarities stop.

If you have anything to say about these boots or brands I'm all ears.

Im also open to hearing about other designated riding boots yall have found you like or don't like for long rides.

Up till now I've worn combat boots, cowboy boots, or work boots. I'm slowly getting better about wearing protective gear and figured my footwear could use an upgrade so here I am.

I've been looking for a pair the wife likes too but that is proving difficult. She is very fashionable and finds the motorcycle boots aren't.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Rossi P134 are my favourite Rossi P134 Road Motorcycle Boot
been through lots of them..the sole on the left boot wears out long before the rest of the boot so I buy a new pair when that happens..generally get em on ebay cheaper than retail...bought two pairs recently cos they were cheap and Ill use em.

Also got a pair of Johnny Rebs, the old classic long boots Buy Nolan Helmets | Zeus Helmet | Givi Luggage | S-W Motech | Bags Connection: Thomas Cook Johnny Reb Classic Long Boots
tend to wear em if Im going somewhere real important, classier looking boot than the Rossi

When I'm working in the workshop or garden it's my Steel Blue boots, Aussie made with a month comfort guarantee, no breaking in these boots they are Ace!
https://steelblue.com/au/en/boots-and-accessories/boot-catalogue/ankle-boots/argyle/
These Argyle style in brown are what Im currently working in, last pair lasted me seven years in a bodyshop environment, thats good.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
oh I'll just add that the reason my left boot wears out is cos its the one I put down on the road when I stop:smile

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am currently wearing the TCX X-Ride. They have been excellent. I have about 35k miles in them (about 3 years) The tread on the sole is pretty worn now, and I am looking at another pair of TCX boots that can be resoled.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-ride-wp-boots

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-fuel-wp-boots

If it weren't for the soles being worn out, the boots would keep on going. Very impressed with the quality and longevity of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I've tried "motorcycle" specific boots and I have two problems with them....looks and comfort, especially off the bike. What I find what works best for touring is a SWAT type boot. Right now I'm using a Thorogood Deuce, which works great. The boot is breathable and waterproof with a thick, flexible and well attached sole the toe box and ankles are wrapped in thick leather. I could walk or hike in them all day, which makes them very comfy on the bike also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Danner Quarry...Danner - Quarry USA 8" Brown

I like the 6 inch, but can't find 'em any more. I have the 8 inch Danner's now. They are comfortable on and off the bike. I like to go for random hikes and such while touring this great land, so I need something that can be worn on and off of the bike. I also can only afford one decent pair of boots, so these are my every day boots, bike boots, and work boots. Made in the ol USA too.
Danner - Quarry USA 8" Brown

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Hey Bulldog, I won't tell you what I wear cuz they are no longer made, but they have an inside full length zipper that make getting them on or off easy. The second pair you posted looks like something I'd get, so they must be good. :)
Tell Pretty Wife that MC boots make a woman look cool and more appealing to other men and makes other women jealous. Think Cher.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate everybody's input. Now I have a few more brands to check out.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I appreciate everybody's input. Now I have a few more brands to check out.
Also tell the wife that her feet won't be pretty anymore with the lack of protection fashion boots provide and you like her pretty feet. There are several women in my riding club and I can't begin to tell you what their boots look like cuz I'm not looking there. :devil

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also tell the wife that her feet won't be pretty anymore with the lack of protection fashion boots provide and you like her pretty feet. There are several women in my riding club and I can't begin to tell you what their boots look like cuz I'm not looking there. :devil
I have. She is good about wearing only what I say is acceptable but I would just like her to be protected a bit better. She is ATGATT so I'd like a boot with more protection and maybe even armor. Right now she'll ride in what I approve and throw her non approved footwear in the trunk so she can change when we get where we're going.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
You are joking I hope!

sounds like they do have some endearing features though
"A rubber crash rail on the outsole facilitates a smooth transition, and waffle pattern adds great traction."
I wish I was. Unfortunately that's what I wear. But in the middle of winter I wear boots. I need to read through this thread and hopefully find some good riding shoes/boots.

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Registered
26 Posts
Magnum Stealth force 8.0
tactical boot...great comfort. looks and functionality.

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've been wearing 5.11 Tactical's A.T.A.C 8" Shield boot for the last few years and have found it to be the best riding boot I've had. It is comfortable, lightweight, waterproof, safety toe cap and a side zipper for easy on/off.

Sent from my space age communicator.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've been wearing 5.11 Tactical's A.T.A.C 8" Shield boot for the last few years and have found it to be the best riding boot I've had. It is comfortable, lightweight, waterproof, safety toe cap and a side zipper for easy on/off.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've ridden in tactical boots alot. As a LEO I have had a few pairs over the years. Oakley, Beretta, SWAT, Ridge, Rocky, Under Armour, Beeville, and Corcoran just to name a few. They aren't bad but I think I'd like a purpose built riding boot that didn't remind me of work. Something about lacing up the Beeville boots puts me in work mode. I want something for ride mode.

Im still really liking that Icon Prep, but some other on here are catching my eye as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts