Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was helping a friend with his Vision, oil, plugs, lubing, etc. When I removed the clutch lever, I saw that the brass thingy that pushes on the master cylinder rod is very worn. Called the dealer only to learn it is not shown on the parts list. What? This is a part that is prone to wear and when I had Yamaha Ventures, I always kept a couple spares around. And yes, the dealers always had them. This is definitely a big oversight by Ma Vic and I'm surprised that in 8 years she hasn't caught on to that.

So with the help of the dealer, I'm going over there with a 10mm wrench, screwdriver and caliper in hand and we'll remove the thingy from a Vision on the floor and I'll note the measurements and make them. That is, unless one of you knows a source that sells them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
That brass bushing is also missing from the fiche when there is a cable rather than a rod being used as an actuator. I looked for one and some spares when I changed my clutch cable but had to be satisfied with reusing the original. Talked to two different parts sources and one thought it would come if you ordered a new handle and another thought it would come with a new cable. Turns out, neither.

If was going to need one I had planned on just cutting one out of some stock bushings but at this point don't know if the inside and outside diameters would suffice. It would take some looking then I'd have to cut and drill them to match what I need.

I don't know what the one for the Vision is like but, if you are making some, and they are the same item I need, and you plan on dropping others in the mail to those who want them :grin I'll take half a dozen.

@HondaEastToledo Paulie, can you confirm my local sources are correct and that the bushing from Vic isn't available? You'd think with all the recreational vehicles they have that something this simple would be a no-brainer to have around.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh great - so everyone who put the Hydraulic clutch on their XCT's is also gonna be **** outa luck when it wears out!!! Let everyone know when you have made some! And yes I still have a couple of them from my 1987 Venture - they were a manditory spare part!! LOL!

·
13,003 Posts
RICZ
maybe post a photo so Paulie know what to look for

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad for today's posts as I had a senior moment (hey, I'm entitled) and totally spaced out on this project. Going over to the dealer today with tools, caliper and camera. Will get this project in motion cuz I know my friend's Vision sorely needs that thingy.
Maybe someone can answer me this: Would there be any reason that part shouldn't be made out of steel instead of brass? I would think it would last a lot longer.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a public service to all Vision owners and those who installed Hydraulic clutches, I have great news! That brass thingy is available at your nearest Yamaha dealer's parts counter--maybe. It is definitely available on ebay and Amazon if you simply Google this: 3GM-26455-00-00 Bush. On ebay, there's a source priced at $8.08 + free shipping, a good deal considering the Yamaha list is $9.66.
I have yet to receive it and try fitting it in the clutch lever, so the jury is still out. However, I measured one in a new Vision and it is 10mm in diameter X 10mm in length and so is the Yamaha one, so it should work just fine. ETA for the bushing is 5-26. More after that.

·
13,003 Posts
call witchdoctor and ask if they have any used ones laying around

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did. Nope. Besides, the shipping would be more that the $8.08 I'm paying with my PayPal slush fund.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
When I had routine service done on my '13 Vision last fall the tech decided my bushing needed to be replaced and did so without even asking me. I don't know what he used but I got charged a few bucks for the part. The old bushing was shot, as I sort of expected having seen it when I swapped levers the previous xmas.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
From what I remember, there should be two of them? One is the pivot bushing and the other is in the bolt hole that the bolt goes though to secure it on the master cylinder, I'm waiting myself to try and get a answer from VIC about the one in the bolt hole to see if it has its own part number or you have to buy the lever to get it, Vic has a kit that has the pivot bushing in it but not the hole bushing, I have a customer that has worn his out on a Vision after 90,000 some miles.

2203661-385 is the Hardware kit and that has the pivot bushing in it.

2203659 is a lever kit and I'm trying to see what all is included in that.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Paul, send your customer to a Yamaha dealer and ask for the clutch lever "bush" for a Yamaha first generation Venture. The Yamaha part number is 3GM-26455-00-00. FYI: the part measures 10mm in diameter X 10mm long. Ma Vic does not want you to replace it, you have to buy the entire lever assy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts