Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Please state what oil you use and keep the your wrong I'm right to yourself. I spent the last hour reading in this section and I found tons of opinions. However not one case of an oil related failure, or failure at all.

so please only state what oil and filter YOU use.

·
12,984 Posts
Don't bring this up again go to search and read your hole summer away.We all have our own idea what to use and its Been disused a million time a long with what oil filter to use.
If you don't find enough reading here go to the net and there will be more for you

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't bring this up again go to search and read your hole summer away.We all have our own idea what to use and its Been disused a million time a long with what oil filter to use.
If you don't find enough reading here go to the net and there will be more for you
I'm aware that I can read all summer but you didn't read what I posted. NO OPINIONS!!!!

Ridinman replied correctly. Simply state what you use, nothing else.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Victory Kit.

If Rotella had JASMO rating on syn/dino blend in 20/40, then I would use it. Still might go Rotella syn/dino blend in 15/40 one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
NO OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Please state what oil you use and keep the your wrong I'm right to yourself. I spent the last hour reading in this section and I found tons of opinions. However not one case of an oil related failure, or failure at all.

so please only state what oil and filter YOU use.
Switched to Amsoil 20W/50W this month w/K&N filter. Not looking back!cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
I use oil that I bought at the store.

Talk about a beat to death subject. I posted an oil report so look there.

·
12,984 Posts
Mc Donald's French fry cooking oil thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use amsoil 10w40 mcf with amsoil filter. It works great no clutch slipping at all. It was also 10 bucks less then the vic oil change kit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
More oil stuff

Vic oil and filter when dealer services my bike at 5000 and Ams10/40 and vic filter when I do my own at 2500 miles ( I know Vic say 5000 but I like clean oil in my engine) cannot tell a bit of difference between them.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Royal Purple + Wix

I stopped using AMSoil after having to talk to a few of their idiot dealers... (Product is good some people that they hire are not so much)

·
Registered
261 Posts
In my 1973 Norton 750 I use Brad Penn straight 50 with a Mann Filter.

In my 1984 VF700S Honda Sabre, I use Rotella 5w-40 Synthentic with a NAPA Gold filter.

When I buy my Victory later this year, I will look for a synthetic blend that meets all the appropriate specifications. Among the candidates will be Brad Penn, Spectro, Rotella, Kendall, among others.

·
12,984 Posts
I'm aware that I can read all summer but you didn't read what I posted. NO OPINIONS!!!!

Ridinman replied correctly. Simply state what you use, nothing else.
Click on the word "fourm" above and scroll down to oil and read.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use the Victory oil and filter for now. Was thinking of switching to Rotella but after talking to a Victory tech at MOM's south he advised against it as he suggested that over time it could glaze my clutch plates due to different additives and such. Anyways, I'll stick with the Vic branded oil and filter for now until I find something I'm comfortable trying out. This is an expensive toy/summer mode of transportation after all and I'd rather not mess it up.

EDIT: Lloydz also suggests sticking with Vic oil fwiw. I don't have an opinion, I'll just use what I know (for now) works.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts