Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate spoke rims and love pretty much all of the vegas rims, but think their half an inch narrower at the mounting point.
Is that an easy fix with a couple of quarter inch spacers on each side, or should it only be the appropriate sized rim.
Not looking to gain any height/diameter in sizing, just want a solid rim without tubes inside.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,886 Posts
Cross country rims.
I believe Vision rims are same size I think someone mounted some recently but wait for someone else to confirm that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I hate spoke rims and love pretty much all of the vegas rims, but think their half an inch narrower at the mounting point.
Is that an easy fix with a couple of quarter inch spacers on each side, or should it only be the appropriate sized rim.
Not looking to gain any height/diameter in sizing, just want a solid rim without tubes inside.
As long as you get the front wheel accurately centred in the forks, using spacers machined dead flat at the ends it should be OK. Will need to space out brake discs and ABS wheels, and pulley at the back. which is a bit more hassle. I had to have stainless spacers made when I fitted a Fatboy front wheel to the back of my Sportster. But I have been running a sealed up spoked rim on the back of my HardBall for about a year now. It took them 3 goes to get it right, but fine now. Cross Country wheels will be easiest as IV said, if you can find them, and afford them.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Go to either of the above sites (there are others) and you can cross reference the smaller parts from your wheels (drive pully, axels, brake rotors, etc.) to see if the same numbers are associated with the other dressed Vics. You should also be able to get some rim specs that you can compare. The Cross Roads Classic is listed with the Hard-Ball for 2013. You can also check with a Vic dealer or someone like the Vic Shop. It seems to me to be awful unlikely that Victory used a different rim size for the aluminum frame bikes, but perhaps they did.

I checked and the steel frame bike rear axle did not cross to the aluminum frame bikes. That is not a complete deal killer though, as folks like H-D are now making wheels that can be adapted to various models with bearing and spacer changes.
I am with you on solid wheels. The research would be worht it if you find some rims that work, that you like.

Good luck on your project.

Vic Gunner 1 15.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts