Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's I'm coming from a 103 Harley motor and noticed this Victory 106 really sings from 3500-6500. I currently have the Lloyds timing wheel, PCV, Big Honkers and Lloyds AF and cannot believe how much pull it has in the high rpms. My Harley was pretty much dead after 5000...this just keeps going. Right now i'm cruzing on the freeway around 3200 rpm in 5 gear...is this to high? Not used to this new motor coming from HD.

Was planning on Cams, but I think I'll kill myself LOL

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
4000 , all day long ........thumb upcheers

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Above 75mph shift into sixth gear

I personally do not shift into sixth usually until I hit 75mph or above. So usually cruising around 3000rpms at around 80mph. These bikes seem happiest above 3000rpm. Though the timing wheel does make it have much more torque below 3000rpm than stock, so yes I do ride below 3000 rpms when taking it easy around town..... Do love going through tunnels with the glass pack muffler and in lower gear, kind of like music!cheers

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Never below 2500 RPM. When working tight twisties, the tach reads 3500 to 4500 +/- a bit. Don't be hesitant to rev your engine, the 106 loves it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My old man used to say that the right way to run a Detroit Diesel is to climb up to the cab, open the door wide, stick your hand into the jam and then slam it, then slam it one more time so there's no mistaking the pain for accidental. Now you're ready to drive it likes it wants to be driven.

Same thing with a 106 but no door.

Get the cams. You know you want to.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You guys are all crazy ... I try to never go over 2500 and prefer to just poke along around 2000 ... :ltr:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Wow....I must be babying mine :eek: I'm hardly every above 3200 in normal riding conditions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I tend to live in the 2.5 to 4.0 range .....

The bike seems to 'purr' in the lower 3's .....

Peter

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
im the only old geezer. cruise at 2-2500. shift at 3000 usually.
its not the rpm's, its the ride.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
You guys are all crazy ... I try to never go over 2500 and prefer to just poke along around 2000 ... :ltr:
Why so high, 1500 works best....:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Guy's I'm coming from a 103 Harley motor and noticed this Victory 106 really sings from 3500-6500. I currently have the Lloyds timing wheel, PCV, Big Honkers and Lloyds AF and cannot believe how much pull it has in the high rpms. My Harley was pretty much dead after 5000...this just keeps going. Right now i'm cruzing on the freeway around 3200 rpm in 5 gear...is this to high? Not used to this new motor coming from HD.
I've only been riding my CCT for a couple of months and starting to gear up a little farther in the rpm range. Try and never go below 2k and usually upshift at 3.5k rpm. Run all day long in 5th gear at 65 mph and use 6th above 70 mph...

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I run above 2500. right around 3000 is typical for cruising for me.
if you are running 4000 rpm all day long, you are either in too low of gear or way over the speed limit.lol. all 106 motors run a 6speed.
My old Kingpin was a 5 speed and I did run it at 4000 quite a bit.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Was planning on Cams, but I think I'll kill myself LOL
Does the Loyds timing wheel raise the red line/cut off?
My stock Gunner hits the cut off at 5400/5500 RPM's..
Stock my Harley 103 hit it at 5500 RPM's, With the stage ''1'' I raised it to 6400 RPM's
Just to add how do you get 6500 RPM's......???

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Does the Loyds timing wheel raise the red line/cut off?

no, either the ecu needs to be redone or the pcv code needs to be entered

1 - 20 of 39 Posts