Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be a 13 Victory Judge owner. I have to travel out of state to pick it up. I have to rent a u haul trailer and i am not sure if it will fit in the 5x8 on any help will be appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
How about flying there and ride back ?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Going to be a 13 Victory Judge owner. I have to travel out of state to pick it up. I have to rent a u haul trailer and i am not sure if it will fit in the 5x8 on any help will be appreciated
Try to get a longer trailer if you can. You may have problems getting the bike forward enough to get enough tongue weight so the trailer will track straight.
Motorcycle trailers generally have the axle set a bit farther back so you can get away with a shorter one. However on a utility trailer you will need to position the bike further forward or stack at least a couple of bags of cement or playground sand or more as far forward as you can to compensate. Hope that makes sense.
Watch this video.
If you use bags of sand or cement etc to increase the tongue weight, be sure to protect them from the weather and damage. Heavy garbage bags etc. If they spill out and you loose your tongue weight the improperly loaded trailer might cause you to wreck. Or at the least to have a religious experience. It goes badly very fast without proper tongue weight.
If you’re only carrying one bike being a little higher than 15% tongue weight shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you don’t get really carried away or exceed the rating of the hitch on the vehicle . That sort of stuff. Being below 10% will be an issue though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should rent the 5'X9' U-Haul trailer. It has a notch in the front of the trailer, a ramp and is designed to haul a motorcycle.
I used one to get my 14 Judge and it hauled and tracked fine.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
When taking my XC to Rylan for the work I had done, I rented a U-Haul 6x12 cargo trailer. The enclosed trailer made me feel better about possible road debris, and If I ran into inclement weather, the bike was going to be dry. Also rented one just like it to go get it when it was done.

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When taking my XC to Rylan for the work I had done, I rented a U-Haul 6x12 cargo trailer. The enclosed trailer made me feel better about possible road debris, and If I ran into inclement weather, the bike was going to be dry. Also rented one just like it to go get it when it was done.
Thanks for you input that's the one I'm going with did it ride ok ? Did you load it towards the front? Was there any other weight in the trailer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try to get a longer trailer if you can. You may have problems getting the bike forward enough to get enough tongue weight so the trailer will track straight.
Motorcycle trailers generally have the axle set a bit farther back so you can get away with a shorter one. However on a utility trailer you will need to position the bike further forward or stack at least a couple of bags of cement or playground sand or more as far forward as you can to compensate. Hope that makes sense.
Watch this video.
If you use bags of sand or cement etc to increase the tongue weight, be sure to protect them from the weather and damage. Heavy garbage bags etc. If they spill out and you loose your tongue weight the improperly loaded trailer might cause you to wreck. Or at the least to have a religious experience. It goes badly very fast without proper tongue weight.
If you’re only carrying one bike being a little higher than 15% tongue weight shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you don’t get really carried away or exceed the rating of the hitch on the vehicle . That sort of stuff. Being below 10% will be an issue though.
Thanks for your input. I decided on the 6x12 enclosed. Nasty weather

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Reactions: FLVicRider and NAB
1 - 11 of 11 Posts