Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New member here! Love the boards!

Neways, was wondering what speed you guys shift at? I read the owners manual and it states to go from 1st to 2nd at 20mph then shift every 10mph to the next higher gear. I find this to lug the engine too much??? I don't know. This is the first v-twin I have owned and also first bike without a tach I have owned also (moved over from the rice rocket crowd). Thanks for all the help.

James

·
Registered
243 Posts
after breaking in the engine as per the manufacture's specs. we all probably much do what feels natural, no you don't want to lug any engine, over reving can also be detrimental to longivity, however these engines are sturdy,

run the piss out of it , without abusing it, i personally shift around 3000 rpm redline is around 5000 or 5500 most of us are not going to rev our engines close to those numbers,

you can bet when a manufacturer gives you a red line of 5000 or 6000
rpm its conservative , they don't want you tearing up the engine, on there dime, [ under warranty ]

steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just listen to the great sound of the engine. Don't really watch the speedo to much to shift. Get a few miles on and you'll figure it out shortly

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I shift about 3000 RPM unless I'm gettin with it.
A tach is the first accessory I bought.Money well spent.
It used to be almost all bikes came with a tach. Nowadays
everything is an add on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts