Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what temperatures that most of you guys start riding at? It's going to be 57 tomorrow and I was thinking about going for a ride.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I ride year around but it sits if it's below 30.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
35 F or so , its not the temps its the salt and sand all over the roads .
This is my sentiment exactly. 35° and higher, but that sand is a bitch. Plus that damn corrosive anti-freezing solution they spray on the roads.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
8 celcius at least and a clear day.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Upper 30's and I'll ride as long as road conditions are good and the sand/salt is cleared.

·
Registered
530 Posts
doesn't matter how warm or cold, once the salt is off the roads and there are no foreseeable days in the near future where they might even remotely think about dropping that nasty sh!t, its game on...

earliest i have ever been out is the first week in march and that was a few years ago...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
All this talk about sand and salt .... what is that?? :wink

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I've never put my bike away yet for temperature, in 39 years of riding, and have ridden down to 12 degrees F. Tomorrow morning at 4:40, I expect to be riding to work in 30 degrees F, which is easily enjoyable with the right clothes and a bike that is made for it.

It rarely snows here - usually once each year - but when it does, then I don't ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll ride until the first major salting. After that I'm hesitant unless I know I can wash it. The tires are terrible for maintaining with salt on the rims.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
It's about 38 degrees now and I just met @PaiN for some coffee and lunch. The heated gloves sure do their trick, but I wish I hadn't left my balaclava home :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have left for work with the temps being in the teens and have frost on my leathers when I get to work before

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Nice ride today... 62 degrees... not too cold... Going east was easy... riding west was a challenge... 25 to 30 mph wind gusts...

Oh... and I met my first a$$hole of the year. :frown Dude looked right at me and pulled out in front of me. I guess the sound of the big fat wide back tire screaching on pavement woke him up. He looked like a deer in the headlights. :eek What a douche canoe... I had a few choice words for him... :devil Hopefully that is my quota for the year. :wink

Cheers!!!

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts