Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys with 2013 Jackpots question,

Rear rim; 18 x 8,5 (stock tire E3 Dunlop 250/40 R18 81V)
Front rim; 21 x 2,15 (stock tire E3 Dunlop 90/90 21 54H)

So I have been looking on all the websites and I want a wider tire on rear, due to shipping cost being so high it is better to order more then 1 set..... so sample of 2 rear + 1 front ?? maybe the front goes almost double kilometers??? if I change my rear tire then I can still use the front tire ??

http://www.jpcycles.com/2013-victory-jackpot/tires

Anyway question is;
On the stock rim what size tire can I fit ? Metzeler ME880 Marathon 280/35R18 Rear Tire

How about the front, there is no Metzeler for the jackpot size??

Looks like AVON only makes 260 mm ?? and front will only be a white wall ??

Of course a 300 would be GREAT but the rims are just soooo expensive and not many 10" rims out there? guess that will / could be done in a few years time ??
As I must order all other kind of goodies first ....

PS in January I need to change tires so better I ask info now....:D

·
12,983 Posts
word of warning always check the spec sheet to see if its radial or bias. A few of the Internet stores don't say and you don't want the wrong one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can fit a 260mm on the rear. After that you need to step up to a wider rim. metzler makes one that fits. On the front metzler makes a stock size that replaces the dunlop

·
Registered
95 Posts
you can fit a 260mm on the rear. After that you need to step up to a wider rim. metzler makes one that fits. On the front metzler makes a stock size that replaces the dunlop
If you want a rounder profile for better handling then that 260 metz is the way to go. But if you want wider and dont want to buy a wider rim then you need to stick with the dunlop. My buddy has a 260 metz on his hammer and he says the bike corners better with it but when we are parked side by side my 250 dunnie looks wider.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point visionjohnny,
http://www.michelinag.com/Innovating/Radial-vs.-Bias-technology
I Googled your info and see the website with clear explanation....

So the 260 looks slimmer than the 250 ?? pfffff don't like that....

The price comparison as per below;
REAR
1. Dunlop Elite 3 250/40R18 Rear Tire ( Sale Price: $185.99)
2. Avon AV72 Cobra 250/40R18 Rear Tire ( Sale Price: $171.99)
3. Metzeler ME880 Marathon 280/35R18 Rear Tire ( Sale Price: $307.99)
4. Metzeler ME880 Marathon 260/40R18 Rear Tire ( Sale Price: $292.99)

So does the 280 fits on a stock rim??
Looking at the prices it would seem logical to order the stock Dunlop, as I am considering to buy 3 REAR and 2 FRONT in one shipment....

FRONT TIRE, when hard braking it does not feel that comfortable... would it look funny if I put AVON or Metzeler on the front ??

1. Avon AV71 Cobra 130/60R23 Front Tire ( Sale Price: $123.99)
2. Avon Speedmaster MK II 3.00-21 Front Tire ( Sale Price: $77.99)

On the site http://www.jpcycles.com/2013-victory-jackpot/tires they do not even sell the Dunlop that is stock, and I do not want to buy anything that would not FIT on my '13 Jackpot ???

Are there better websites out there ??

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pffffffffffff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts