Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Vegas ....Just picked up an S&S intake, RPW Slash exhaust, and DynoJet's Power Commander V with AutoTune.

I know sound-wise, it's going to be night and day. How about performance?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i did not use the auto tune on mine.i just went to the power commander site and down loaded all the tunes for my bike and put the closet one to what i had in and it made a huge diff.the improvement was ridiculous.i hope your is the same.i would definitely try it both ways and see what feels best.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Power commander

woodrow731 so if you order a power commander five do they send you different tunes you can install? Do they come already with a program pre loaded into it. Do you have to down load all the different tunes off their website and do the different tunes cost you more money every time you get new ones? I have been thinking down the road of going with the power commander five.

·
Registered
263 Posts
woodrow731 so if you order a power commander five do they send you different tunes you can install? Do they come already with a program pre loaded into it. Do you have to down load all the different tunes off their website and do the different tunes cost you more money every time you get new ones? I have been thinking down the road of going with the power commander five.
Dynojet provides a variety of files (called maps) for different configurations of bikes which were built on their dyno runs. They are free to download. Once downloaded you can load any of them into your PCV/AT. For some people this is all they need. For some of us, we've taken their base maps and tweeked them slightly here and there to get better performance or gas mileage.

If you do a search for 'PCV autotune' here in the tech forum you'll come up with several threads in which we've shared our maps with each other.

As for myself, I have a 2012 Highball, but I actually began using the map for a 2009 Hammer based on the recommendation of my dealer's lead mechanic. It's since been modified numerous times based on inputs from other members on here as well as personal tastes so it' more or less uniquely mine.

In regards to the original poster's question, you can expect a considerable improvement in responsiveness with the PCV/AT. It's not that the PCV/AT increases your horsepower (the horsepower gains will come from your exhaust and air intake), but it does tune your power curve (and continues to do it on an ongoing basis) to provide the most power when you need it based on your configuration and riding situations. The more time you're willing to invest understanding what it does, the more you will get out of it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dynojet provides a variety of files (called maps) for different configurations of bikes which were built on their dyno runs. They are free to download. Once downloaded you can load any of them into your PCV/AT. For some people this is all they need. For some of us, we've taken their base maps and tweeked them slightly here and there to get better performance or gas mileage.

If you do a search for 'PCV autotune' here in the tech forum you'll come up with several threads in which we've shared our maps with each other.

As for myself, I have a 2012 Highball, but I actually began using the map for a 2009 Hammer based on the recommendation of my dealer's lead mechanic. It's since been modified numerous times based on inputs from other members on here as well as personal tastes so it' more or less uniquely mine.

In regards to the original poster's question, you can expect a considerable improvement in responsiveness with the PCV/AT. It's not that the PCV/AT increases your horsepower (the horsepower gains will come from your exhaust and air intake), but it does tune your power curve (and continues to do it on an ongoing basis) to provide the most power when you need it based on your configuration and riding situations. The more time you're willing to invest understanding what it does, the more you will get out of it.
Thanks so much for the reply. Knowing myself, I will be tweaking it until I no longer have the bike. I am a tinkerer at heart. I have used HP Tuners on my Trans Am, so do have a basic understanding of maps. This is a slightly different beast though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts