Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all! As I'm in my second riding season, I would like to know what tools all of you are carrying on a long ride as My bike came with no tool bag other then a Allen wrench above the battery. This would be for a 2004 Vegas.
Thanks for the help

·
13,231 Posts
metric allen wrenches
10 mm wrench for battery bolts. 6 mm wrench
multi head screwdriver
crescent wrench
what ever tool you use on the bike in the garage stop and think could you use that on side of road.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
10,12,13,14,17mm (14mm is ground down to fit for clutch adjusment) Quality Allen key set.
Sealmate. Zinc sunscreen.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The most important tools are a cell phone and a credit card :) In addition to what others suggest, I recommend taking a spare clutch cable or a sav-your-ride clutch cable and the wrenches needed to remove the old and install the new clutch cable. I also carry a small spool of wire for temporarily holding things. This is not electrical wire but, rather, strong wire that you could wrap around some parts and twist together to hold something in place temporarily.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: toejam and Tarzan

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all, now I have an idea what to put together, to carry. keep them all shinny side up.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
A claw hammer and a broken boning knife.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
A small vinal tube of 1 meter long, if you or some HD with smaller tank runs out of fuel

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Metric hex kit, multi-head screw driver, adjustable wrench, vice grips, headlamp, zip ties, Sav-U-Ride clutch cable and a mini air pump

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Cheap slime tire plug kit from walmart with a small tube of self vulcanizing rubber cement from a bicycle shop inside. A small compressor with battery clamps cut off and a battery tender plug put on in place. One that plugs into the battery tender plug that you have installed on your battery ahead of time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lots of great suggestions but Surprisingly enough no one listed Pliers. I also wrap some duct tape around a screwdriver because I never go anywhere without duct tape. I prefer the Gorrilla Brand because it sticks to absolutely anything.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My list is biased cuz I have lots of room for that stuff, plus it came with a tool kit. But even just a rag for wiping your hands off after an incident. I also carry fix a flat in a can and a tire plug kit.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Leatherman That on my belt at all times... And a tire plug kit with Co2 Cartridge's... Thats all that will fit on my Gunner... And if thats not enough... My plain ''B''.. Friend with a trailer... In my case one of my Two Sons with my trailer...

·
13,231 Posts
first aid kit. knife, rain suit, hide spare key on bike, heck all the sockets you have and electrical test tools. A pint of good sipping whiskey

Attachments

Reactions: RICZ

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I carry a black MasterCard and a gold Visa... Lol. I carry a leatherman, the Vic XC tool kit, a small air pump, some fix a flat sealant, and my buck knife!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
1. 27MM wrench for rear axle nut
2. 1/4" + 3/8" drive ratchets
3. Allen socket set 3/8" drive
4. Allen wrenches
5. Misc. sockets 1/4 + 3/8" drive shallow and deep
6. 6" adjustable wrench
7. Vise Grips
8. Regular and Philips screwdrivers
9. Razor blades
10. A few different length socket extensions
11. Shock pump
12. Slime mini air compressor
13. Plug kit
14. Spark plugs
15. Flashlight
16 . Electrical tape , gorilla tape , 5' mechanics wire
17. Tire gauge
18. side cut pliers
19. blue Loctite
20. Spare fuses various amps
21. Zip ties
22. Small grease bulb

I have an awesome zippered pouch this all fits in , and could post pictures later of it all laid out , but it takes up much less space then it sounds like it would , but I'm well prepared . I never leave the house without my raingear also . This is off the top of my head , I know there is more in there . Overkill , Hell no !

·
13,231 Posts
guess you carry the 27mm socket for the place that will put on a new tire.
I know you tell the girlfriend your a animal. But know 3/8's ratchet is going to brake the axle nut loose. So what do you have for the front axle Mags

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
first aid kit. knife, rain suit, hide spare key on bike, heck all the sockets you have and electrical test tools. A pint of good sipping whiskey
AHA! Another OCD man after my own heart. Gotta love being organized. :nerd

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
guess you carry the 27mm socket for the place that will put on a new tire.
I know you tell the girlfriend your a animal. But know 3/8's ratchet is going to brake the axle nut loose. So what do you have for the front axle Mags
He might stick the vise grips on the end of the 3/8 ratchet

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Unless I missed it, no one mentioned AAA Plus or some other MC towing plan.
I carry most the tools needed for a roadside emergency and in the 64 years I have been riding, the only time they came out was help others. Guess I'm just one lucky old SOB.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts