Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the tools that live in mine. I carry a lot, because walking 10 kms to get mobile reception to call mates for help isn't a lot of fun. Mobile reception can be pretty patchy where I ride. I get a lot of flats from sharp rock fragments, so the can of rubber cement, tyre levers, compressor, pump, rubber mallet and patches travel with me everywhere. The tyre gauge lives in my jacket pocket.
I pull the tyre out by laying it on its side when out on the road, so no longer carry a jack.
As I'm getting my back rim sealed now, I'll have to carry plugs and plugging tools as well for a while. Once I get the front rim sealed when the current Avon Cobra wears out, I'll be able to dump the mallet and tyre levers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Dang, that's a lot of tools. I carry a few small tools in a pouch. A Leatherman type multi-tool (actually a Snap-on brand) that I received as a gift for speaking at a technical conference, a small adjustable crescent wrench, SI and SAE Allen wrenches, small multi-headed screwdriver, wire to tie something together, extra fuses, electrical tape, a tire plug kit (although I don't carry an air pump so maybe the tire plug kit is a waste), and a Save-your-ride clutch cable. This all (except the clutch cable) fits in a small pouch about 6" x 2" by 3".

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My cell phone to call AMA roadside assistance! I also carry the kit that came with the bike, a socket wrench with the most used sizes including allen head sockets, an extra clutch cable, a tire repair kit, and two $20 bills.

·
Registered
530 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
The tools that came with the Vic as well as a tire plug kit and jumper cables.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tire plug kit. 1 1/8" wrench for axle. complete allen head and metric socket set. 3/8" ratchet and extension. Flat blade and Phillips screwdriver. Channel locks. needle nose pliers. AAA premium motorcycle towing.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Good idea on the axle wrench...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Too many, but not enough

Carry a tool roll. Last weekend I found out it was missing a small crescent wrench. Also carry a tire plug kit, and pump. Jumper cables also.Went out of town last weekend over to the desert of southern California. Had a bad feeling, seen my small battery tender in my garage, through it in the saddle bag. Did not need it. Ended up cutting my trip short, clutch is slipping now. Suppose to get parts in first part of next week. Large group of us were on the trip,looks like the rest of the trip was cool for them. Next trip will be better. Was in scouts(be prepaired), never can know what is going to happen. Also have AAA. Oh my trip, I made it home ok, adjusted the free play again before heading home, got home no more free play even after it sat over night.

·
12,983 Posts
Zip ties put stick strips of duct tape to inside of saddlebags Don't worry they'll still work when you peel them off. Even some wire. I have a old pill bottle with nuts and bolts in it.
Rule of thumb if you use the tool in the garage would you need it on the road.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have two of the mushroom plug kits but need to find a compressor. Any recommendations?

Those with AAA how much does that cost?
I've heard good things about them. I really only need it for bike my regular insurance has no charge towing for the truck.

My Vic toolkit is missing a few things so I'll need to update it with a trip to harbor freight.

Zip ties, roll of those blue shop towels good for cleaning/tissue/etc, rainx plastic spray for my helmet and windshield.

For a little bit after adding heli-bars I was carrying torque wrench and all the sizes needed to adjust those.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I carry SAE tools to help Harley riders I find stranded .......:ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
A few basic hand tools, a Sav-U-Ride with the wrench for that, a plug kit and an air pump. I also have AAA RV Plus which means they'll tow a motorcycle up to 200 miles. Plus a credit card with plenty of room on it if things were to get out of hand.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I carry SAE tools to help Harley riders I find stranded .......:ltr:
Have had to pull my tools out of the saddlebag three times since I put them in there.
All three times were for guys I was with...…………...riding...……..yep, you guessed it. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
hmmm lets see tools....i carry toilet paper....polish and rags, windshield cleaner and rags....sav my ride, clutch cable and couple tools needed to install that on the side of the road....CAA and me...8) Rode often last couple years Elmvale to Crestview KY 9 hour ride...same tools in the bags ...8)

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The tools that came with the Vic as well as a tire plug kit and jumper cables.
Hmm Whats this tool Kit that came with bike thing? I have looked a couple times at the "part listing" and have not yet seen the tool kit. Oh well, if its like most it has some cheap azz flip screw stick, a socket that you couldnt change a plug with anyways and some crappy 10, 12, 14mm wrench.
I carry a Leatherman tool, A tire plug kit and a Co2 inflater and a credit card.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Hmm Whats this tool Kit that came with bike thing? I have looked a couple times at the "part listing" and have not yet seen the tool kit.
This one, part 2876236

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is mine but I like a few of your ideas. Throwing $40 and some zip ties sounds good. I already carry a small first aid kit.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts