Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
ok i'll bite.... VIC OIL ONLY!!! oil filter is really up to your discreation, just realize that oil in a bike is the life blood of the machine, its that last thing you want to go cheap on, i personally run the K&P oil filter its reusable and has excellent filtration, better even than stock, but it is about 140 bucks, hope this helps

·
Registered
257 Posts
Amsoil 10/40 synthetic with Purolator Pure One filter. Have run this combo for many years on many bikes with "0" problems.
heard of lots of people running this combo, but i have heard of even more people having trouble with it, the #1 cause of clutch slippage in these bikes is from not running Victory Oil, every big name in victory has there shelf stocked with Vic Oil, conquest, lloyd, kevin, PMRT its just my .02 but i'd stick with the Vic!

·
Registered
48 Posts
the #1 cause of clutch slippage in these bikes is from not running Victory Oil,
It was my understanding that oil with energy conserving additives stick to the clutch plates With a wet clutch system, these additives that stick cause the a glaze on the clutch plates and then tend to slip.
I noticed some synthetic or semi oil have energy conserving which should NOT be used.
On the back of the oil bottle there is a label and it will say energy conserving, stay away from these.

SEE pics

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is the Vic oil synthetic? Is the clutch slippage the only problem you've heard of? Are other brand bikes having the same problem with the glaze in the clutch or is this Vic bikes only? Amsoil Syn is NOT energy conserving.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Vic oil is a semi synthetic.

Between KevinX and my self (Kevin having a LOT more experience and expertise than I) we have heard of clutches slippiing with all the other oils, Amsoil, Rotella-T, Mobil 1 etc.

NEVER, never once has there been clutch slippage with Vic oil.

Vic oil is also formulated to aid in the cooling of our engines.

I say all that but there are those that run other brands and have never had an issue.

Doesn't mean there isn't something better out there. Back in the day Calloway turbo charged Corvettes ran and recommended Mobil 1 oil ONLY. Chevy didn't endorse nor recommend it. Since I think the the C5 (5th generation) Vette, Mobil 1 is recommended and even on the dipstick of Corvettes.

Is Vic oil better? For now I will stick with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.