Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I listed my Kingpin on Cycletrader.com about a month ago. Found an 08 HD fatboy that looked like a great idea. I had 4 calls in one week to look at my Vic!! I finally came to my senses and realized..WTF am I doing??
Needless to say the ad was deleted and I am living happily ever after. :)cheers

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
just a fleeting moment of temporary insanity that's all...
It passed without any real physical damage.
A bit like a bad dream hey,
leaves a bad taste in your mouth for a while don't it?
Main thing is you came to your senses,
just put it down to experience.
All will be well.
After all you are Victorious!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Glad you avoided a catastrophic mistake . The grass is always greener on the other side ... Except when it aint .:D

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Hey, at least you came to your senses before you sold it. Could have been much worse.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Keith, all you'd have to do is take that FB around one corner or curve and you'd go back and hug your KP. But maybe you knew that without having to try it.:)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Keith, all you'd have to do is take that FB around one corner or curve and you'd go back and hug your KP. But maybe you knew that without having to try it.:)
In our years of riding how many different bikes have we ridden? Not owned but ridden. 50? 70? 100???? NFI....
Last year I hired a Fat Boy 40th anniversary model for a day in Hawaii (no Victories so no choice). In Australia this thing is sold as a PREMIUM model, a collectible, like $45k something. The one I had had only 3k miles on it. I kid you not- the worst handling, worst braking road bike and the chassis continually shuddered. I have never been more disappointed. Even the HOG "devotees" say the Fatboy is their worst model.

Keith- you dodged a bullet mate ;)

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I was Up Country on Maui, two up on a rented Road King and late getting back to sea level for a dinner engagement, so I was pushing 'er around the twisties. Even pretty wife knew that bike was fighting me as she had her hands tight on my waist. They are usually on her thighs. A flexible frame, rubber mounted engine and offset rear wheel do absolutely nothing toward making a motorcycle handle well.
So when I was bike shopping, there were those encouraging me to get a Harley. You can guess how I replied.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ric , be thankful that engine was mounted in rubber , if not , you and you beautiful wife wouldn't have had any teeth left ...:ltr:

·
Registered
586 Posts
The new Victory ads get me thinking and test rides on CCT and XR and Visions get me thnking. But, walking the HD showrooms have never inspired me. Test riding a used HD cemented any doubt. Still enjoying the KP!! Glad you are too!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Ric , be thankful that engine was mounted in rubber , if not , you and you beautiful wife wouldn't have had any teeth left ...:ltr:
That explains all those H-D riders with missing teeth.:ltr::ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
In all fairness the Fatboy I hired may have been a Monday bike.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts