Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the auto parts store today and was looking for a spray on Wheel Cleaner. Not really sure what the difference's were. I picked up a few that said specifically not for use on Motorcycle wheels. What's everyone using on your aluminum wheels?

·
12,984 Posts
you don't say it you have polished wheels or painted wheel.
Most polished wheels have a clear coat on them so you're not going to get them to shine more. Painted wheel just use wax.

The reason they say don't use on MC is because if it gets on the tire you'll have a slick slippery spot and could crash

·
Registered
483 Posts
I took my bike for a wash one time and they used some spray. I felt the tires slipping until I wore it off and that was all it took for me to never do such a thing again.

Soap and water for me but I hate trying to clean the rear tire on a Vision so they don't always gets done.

When I had a chrome set of wheels I would use chrome cleaner occasionally but nothing more.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use Meguiars Hot Rims Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Spray on, what a minute, wipe off, then soap and water.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Honda or Original Spray and Polish work amazing well on my CCT. From the wheels to the paint work, chrome windshield and everything in between. No muss, no fuss, readily available, inexpensive and it works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts