Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back a nice guy offered to fix the tune on my bike. He was busy wrapping up a few things but said he would get Back to me in a few days. Well a week has gone by and I have not heard from him. He was going to do this for me free of charge. So now I don't know if I should call him or not.
What would you do?

·
13,262 Posts
Call him and if you have to wait more go find someone new

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
So a while back a nice guy offered to fix the tune on my bike. He was busy wrapping up a few things but said he would get Back to me in a few days. Well a week has gone by and I have not heard from him. He was going to do this for me free of charge. So now I don't know if I should call him or not.
What would you do?
Yeah call him, what have you got to lose.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Call the guy for an update. I'm considering getting another dyno tune. The tune I got last year did not provide me any evidence of before and after data. Just word of mouth through the Vic dealer I dropped it off at. I did get a cell phone picture of my bike on the dyno. Was going to shop around the Medford area for another tune. Tell me who to avoid. Will travel to Medford - Reno - Sacramento area for a tuner familiar with Victory bikes. One who will school me on the process and provide a hard copy print-out of the results.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah call him, what have you got to lose.
I have nothing to lose. It is just part of me feels like he offered to do it, and for free. I feel funny about calling him and saying "Hey remember me? Mr. Freebie." I don't know how to explain myself. I don't want to push him into doing anything. He has no obligation to me other than some words.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Call him just to BS around...see if he brings it up. Or call to say you wanted to stop by and say hello...so you are calling to see if he has time for you to stop in.

Do we call "sand", sand because it is between the Sea and Land?

·
Registered
350 Posts
To me, a few days means three or four. If its been more than seven simply give a call and identify yourself then ask what his calendar looks like. He should know what that means. If he responds with "what do you mean", then spell it out to refresh his memory. How he responds to you will tell you what you need to know. Diplomacy is a good tactic, but often times nice guys (meaning you) come in last place. Sometimes you have to poke'em in the ribs to get any results. What is the name of the vendor - so I know who not to call.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh hell no Sheets you have the wrong idea here. This guy is awesome. I am just odd and impatient. I apologize for starting this thread if it is giving him any sort of a bad name. That is the furthest thing from being the fact. I was just asking from a personal stand point of morals. I have no doubt it will get done but didn't know if I am breaking etiquette by asking so soon. I do not want to be a pest. He has a life to. This dyno thing is something he does on the side. He has a 9-5 job also.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Oh hell no Sheets you have the wrong idea here. This guy is awesome. I am just odd and impatient. I apologize for starting this thread if it is giving him any sort of a bad name. That is the furthest thing from being the fact. I was just asking from a personal stand point of morals. I have no doubt it will get done but didn't know if I am breaking etiquette by asking so soon. I do not want to be a pest. He has a life to. This dyno thing is something he does on the side. He has a 9-5 job also.
"thanks for the call Phil!, glad you called,
tell you the truth I've had that much on in the last week that I clean forgot about you!..... Get that bike of yours over here tomorrow at 8 and we will get it sorted for you"

Don't forget to ask him what he drinks.

Think Positive.

Reactions: broggyr and SkInM4N

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you get good results and feel confident about making a recommendation I might look him up if he is familiar with Vics. Personally, I don't know the difference between tuning one brand from another. Knowing the guy is familiar with Vic bikes would build confidence with me. When you talk to him ask him if he is interested in tuning another Vic. When you are happy with the end result share his name and number with me. Thanks,

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gladly. Thanks for the understanding. He has never tuned a Vic and that is why he said he would do it for free. Just for the chance to get his hands on 1 and to help me out. This guy is nice as can be.

·
13,262 Posts
If he hasn't heard from you in days he might be thinking you found someone ells

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decided to shoot him a text and he said to give him a couple weeks and he should be free'd up time wise. It ended up being a funny conversation as he ended up sending me a text meant for a lady friend. It was pretty damn funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts