Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the trick to getting the seat off?

Also, I'm looking for an exhaust that has an overall deep note. When your at WOT it screams, but crusin the freeway its not too loud, like you could listen to tunes if you'd like.

I like the long shotgun style, but 2nd choice is the RPW true duals...

Here is the potential problem, its a 2005 kingpin, but I was told it has the big bore kit 92" to 100" cid (1634) from dealer, but the piece of paper I got from previous owner says 100 cube motor, how do I know for sure which one? It has Andrews cams J&E pistons S&S airbox, powercommander, says 11:1 comp(is this possible? I see 10:1 alot) but stock pipes.

Am I looking for 92" 2005 kingpin exhaust or 100" 2006?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Whats the trick to getting the seat off?

Also, I'm looking for an exhaust that has an overall deep note. When your at WOT it screams, but crusin the freeway its not too loud, like you could listen to tunes if you'd like.

I like the long shotgun style, but 2nd choice is the RPW true duals...

Here is the potential problem, its a 2005 kingpin, but I was told it has the big bore kit 92" to 100" cid (1634) from dealer, but the piece of paper I got from previous owner says 100 cube motor, how do I know for sure which one? It has Andrews cams J&E pistons S&S airbox, powercommander, says 11:1 comp(is this possible? I see 10:1 alot) but stock pipes.

Am I looking for 92" 2005 kingpin exhaust or 100" 2006?
Bassani 2 into 1's sound nice and have great performance...as for the seat...well take the side covers off and lift the side up a bit and slide a 6mm hex in there and back her off...be careful replacing the bolts..very easy to cross thread.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a set of Hard Krome pipes on a previous bike. High quality, great low tone and loud sound. I think a set of their 2 into 1 "Sideburners" would look good on a black pin. The outlet pipe is 4" in diameter which will get you a lower tone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I'll do some more research on exhaust sound bytes for 2 in 1 rather than dual setup.

I still would like to know if there is any problems with getting an aftermarket setup with the above mentioned.

Will 05' 92" kingpin pipes fit on an 06' 100" and vice versa? I'm not sure if I have a upgraded 100" or a 92" with a big bore kit. I know 05' came with 92" but previous owner listed "100 cube motor" on his goodies list.

I'm almost positive I need to get 05' pipes just because mounting locations might be a little different between the years.

I'll post this in performance as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've been looking for pipes for my 05 pin also. everything i like is listed for 06 and up, like the chrome bassanni pro street pipes that i really want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is my 2004 with the sideburners. The issue with fitment isnt the motor. Its the bracket where it attaches at the rear. The sideburner I put on is for the 100 inch motor even though I have a 92 inch motor. The pipes will bolt up except for one thing. You will need split flanges for the 92 inch motor. You can get them from Conquest Customs and they work great. For the rear bracket, I took the old one and the new one and basically welded them together and trimmed off the excess. Works fine. If you dont have a welder, a metal fab shop would probably do it for cheap as it doesnt take long (took me about 20 minutes with a welder and grinder/cut-off tool and I am no expert). Sound is sick! Like an old flathead ford. http://www.victoryforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty handy with a welder and if the only difference is one rear support, I have a bunch more option for my 92". Thanks alot for the heads up!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, 10-4 to that!thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts