Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is when the change from low voltage to 12volt for the brake light occurred? It looks like from the OEM part numbers from VIC that the lights actually changed in 2009 and the harness changed also? is this correct?

So if I were to buy anything prior to 2009 I would have to also purchase this "voltage adaptor" thingy that gets sold with the LED light upgrades out there. am I thinking correctly here?

Im adding this to my 2011 XC light harness which I believe is already 12volt. Any worries there to think about?

THanks for your input

·
Registered
742 Posts
You are correct about the rear tail/brake light being changed in '09. Any bike '08 and earlier would require the adapter harness when upgrading to the newer tail light. Not quite certain as to your '11 XC and compatibility.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Konga! that helps a bunch.

Does anybody possibly have a pic of the brake light plug for a 2009+? that would help me determine if it will go with the XC or not.

I do know the XC is 12 volt so if I have to redo the plug ends no biggy - plug n play is just that much easier!

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2011 XC harness shouldn't need a converter/adapter or any re-wiring for the 12v rear light. It is already 12v.

Im just wondering if VIC used the same delphi connectors for the XC and for the Hammers???? to the rear light. This is what I may have to adapt.

Does anybody have a picture of THEIR 2009 or newer HAMMER tailight plug they can post up here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts