Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a Vision this spring and was wondering if there are pros and cons to each year besides color. Obviously if money were not question I'd probably just buy an new model with abs but I'm more practical. I'd actually rather buy a pre owned with low milage. I purchased a 83 venture with less than 1000 miles on it and was happy but later learned the later models were far better. I puchased an 88 based on color since the bike really never changed from 86 to 94 or 95.

So with this bike I thought I should find our if there are any really good reasons to purchase one year or and other. Actually I think you might be able to still purchase all three ? years from dealers.

I do like the idea of GPS but I'm spoiled by my lap tops contour map program. It makes all other GPS progams and screens sub standard. They are fine for delivery drivers but not great for finding that really great back road over the mountain. So what I'm saying is while gps is good, I don't think it's worth 1000s of dollars since it really won't do what I'd like it to. ABS might be nice but again, 1000s of dollars for a feature that I've been living with out for a long time is probably not worth it. It the bike was equiped with it and the price was right that would be fine but it is also one more thing to go wrong and need an expensive repair 10 years from now. I still ride and enjoy my 88 venture so I suspect I'll have this bike for the next 20 also.

Well enough rambling, any in put will be appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
I still ride and enjoy my 88 venture so I suspect I'll have this bike for the next 20 also.

So you ride a 22 year old bike with four carburetors that need constant attention - sync'ing, cleaning, adjusting, Sea Foaming, but your worried about possible ABS problems in the future on a new Vision!

I just traded my 06 Royal Star T.D., that I bought new in 08, in on a 2010 Vision Tour Premium ABS because I was already experiencing carburetion issues after just 8,000 kilometers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shoals Outdoor Sports in Tuscumbia has a 2009 Vision Street in Midnight Cherry for 14,995. You can check them, out at Shoalsoutdoorsports.com of search through cycletrader.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts