Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the first of these new cover sets back from chrome and just wanted to run them by you guys and gals for your feedback on the look and designs. Your honest input is appreciated as it helps me fine tune things to what you, the Victory owners, want for your bikes. Just click link to open the slideshow. Use the arrow to get the slide show rolling, and if you want closeups of anything right click on the slideshow for more control options. Thanks in advance.

http://www.cycleopsusa.com/ecover.swf

·
Registered
528 Posts
They look great; are the prices posted on your site?
Can you pick which 2 you want or are they paired.
I am interested in the USA eagle and pow/mia

dd

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
They are beautiful and I want a set so bad I can taste it. Unfortunately they will be out of my price range for some time.

Truly nice and will set any Vic apart. Hehehe But Vic's already stand out from the crowd bone stock, eh!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys, glad you like them. THey're all posted on the site (bkack contrast cut sets will be another 7-10 days before they're ready). The chrome sets are $299 list, and only $270.10 to members. Black sets with contrast cut engraving will be $259 list, or only $233.10. Polished SS flat head machine screws for the clutch cover are insluded and the cam covers comes with 3M adhesive pre-applied.
They come in matches sets. If I break up a set it screws up my inventory sets which is something of a problem. The best way to do that is to find someone else and mix and match your sets. As for the POW/MIA covers, unless special ordered they are only avialable in the traditional black.
Now in thinking further, we do offer custom sets with custom artwork and/or choice of finishes. If you want a set mixed, this would be a way we could do it. Customs incur a $60 machinist programming and set up fee, plus the artwork charge. The CAD art charge depends on the complexity of the artwork and the time to make it an engraving file. In the case of a mixed custom set, there would obviously be no no artwork charges as those files are already done.)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look great; are the prices posted on your site?
Can you pick which 2 you want or are they paired.
I am interested in the USA eagle and pow/mia

dd
Thought I replied here already but seeing the thread now I guess I didn't. I make these in matched sets and mixing them would screw me up on inventory. However, I can do a set as somewhat of a custom. THere obviously no artwork charge neede to do them but there is a $60 surcharge from the machinist to do the set up for one off set. So yes, you can have it your way, it'll just cost you that little bit more. You're still under $300 for the set even mixing them. Let me know if you want them as we doo keep blanks already coated just for such orders. Lead time is only a week to 10 days or so.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Like them a lot...How about replacements for the cheap "Cheese wedges"..? I would like a complete set of the chrome "Grim Reapers" (yes, I am a sick S.O.B. LOL)

·
13,263 Posts
covers from chroming

Why do you refer to them as covers? Is it a text ed thing?
Why don't you call them by there name? Derby cover and Ignition cover. Then when we talk about the derby cover or the ignition cover people will know we know something about our motorcycles.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Why do you refer to them as covers? Is it a text ed thing?
Why don't you call them by there name? Derby cover and Ignition cover. Then when we talk about the derby cover or the ignition cover people will know we know something about our motorcycles.
Why is is it a "Derby" cover? Because HD owners call it that?

Victory OWNERS know what Will is referring to because that is what Victory owners call them.

The part YOU refer to as the "ignition cover" is and has been for years referred to as the "Cheese Wedges".

The other two covers go by different names. Derby, transmission insert, timing cover insert, engine covers etc..

Maybe learn the lingo of Victory owners and it will be easier for you.thumb up

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like them a lot...How about replacements for the cheap "Cheese wedges"..? I would like a complete set of the chrome "Grim Reapers" (yes, I am a sick S.O.B. LOL)
Something like these I guess?? In stock now in chrome or contrast cut black which all match the new engine cover sets. thumb up

·
13,263 Posts
Why is is it a "Derby" cover? Because HD owners call it that?

Victory OWNERS know what Will is referring to because that is what Victory owners call them.

The part YOU refer to as the "ignition cover" is and has been for years referred to as the "Cheese Wedges".

The other two covers go by different names. Derby, transmission insert, timing cover insert, engine covers etc..

Maybe learn the lingo of Victory owners and it will be easier for you.thumb up
OK I I give in. wac

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's it.....LOL...Didn't see them on your site....How much damage am I looking at if I take the plunge....? Be kind I have a weak heart....LOL

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's it.....LOL...Didn't see them on your site....How much damage am I looking at if I take the plunge....? Be kind I have a weak heart....LOL
A weak heart and the Reaper are not a good combo my friend, but one does surely get rid of the other! LOL!

List is $555 per pair, your member discount price being $499.50. I'm PMing you the discount code and if you place the order soon they'll go out today and you'll have them in 2-3 days.
Thanks in advance for the support, and know now you're gonna love these!

·
Registered
114 Posts
If one was to purchase a complete set of the POW/MIA covers, cheese wedges, and brake cover, how much would we be talking?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If one was to purchase a complete set of the POW/MIA covers, cheese wedges, and brake cover, how much would we be talking?
Thanks for your interest Top. The black anodized POW wedge set lists for $565, the satin black engine cover set it $259 list. I don't yet make the reservoir covers but they are on my to do list and hope to be getting to them soon. I do offer these right now
for $79.95 if you you don't care to wait for ours to come out.

$903.95 list total including the above cover, with your discounted member price being $813.56 and shipping would only be about $16 or so, and $741.61 w/o the brake res cover if you want to wait for ours.

The engine covers and wedges are in stock and ship USPS 2-3 day Priority.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks for the info...but for that price you should come here and put them on for me......LOL...Maybe when tax time rolls around ...will keep you in mind...thanks for the information....they do look hot......

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info...but for that price you should come here and put them on for me......LOL...Maybe when tax time rolls around ...will keep you in mind...thanks for the information....they do look hot......
I hear you Paul, and I don't disagree, they're not cheap, but they are worth the money when you see them in person. Ask anyone who's gotten a set and they'll tell you that when they arrive and you see what you get, you feel it well worth it. Now on a sidenote... the pics you see are not in chrome. That's our polished billet. Those will only cost you $400 list, or $360 member price.
Now to put things in perspective, my chrome parts are a bit pricey because we do not give you typical production chrome, but true triple show chrome, and unlike any other Vic parts you've seen yet. To get the best results usually requires paying a little more. Secondly, in 3-1/2 years in business we have yet to have one single chrome complaint, let alone a return on a single piece when received, a year later, or now in 3-1/2 years. Industry standard is approx. 15-20% returns. This tells you something and also means you won't be needing to replate any of our parts any time soon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like the look of 'em, but I have a hard time parting with so much money that either isn't necessary, like maintenance items, or I can't feel when I'm actually riding, as opposed to just looking, at the bike. I'd be much more interested if they were half that price.
I'll sure bet you'd be. LOL!

Now if the aluminum supplier, the CNC machinist, and the chromer/anodizer would all do it all for free I could gladly accommodate you. Unfortunately they're fond of eating. :)

Too many get used to cheap CChinese made parts. Ours are all made right here in the good ol' USA.
bottom line... If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay the price, but if you're OK with oats that have been through the horse, well, those come a lot cheaper. :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Why revive a seven month old thread to bitch about a price?

Other retailers charge about the same for theirs. At least cycleops offered a discount (which I doubt is still valid 7 months later).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why revive a seven month old thread to bitch about a price?

Other retailers charge about the same for theirs. At least cycleops offered a discount (which I doubt is still valid 7 months later).

I'm with you, probably someone looking for something for nothing, oh...wait...thats on the other forum...:ltr:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The products look nice but are way over-priced in my opinion. And the cost of materials and manufacturing doesn't wash with me.

I like to ride my bike; it's not a garage queen or for entering into bike shows. Things are gonna get scratched and dinged up. It makes no economic sense to pay that much for a few shiny trinkets.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts