Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I bought blue wrap on Amazon. Still haven't installed it yet and unsure if I'm going to lol

·
13,247 Posts
JP Cycle has a few choices. Check on the web for install some say put it on wet

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
DEI Titanium wrap , no spray silicone needed , no need to soak in water first , easy application . Lasts forever if you wrap it properly .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wrapped my shotgun pipes with DEI off amazon. worked well.

Ran into a guy on a trip through Nevada who said that eventually the wrap will crystallize the metal pipes and cause them to crack....

Makes a little sense to me with rapid heating and cooling cycles to cause stress cracks in the pipes, however I think it would take a very long life of cycles to cause issues.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Wrapped my shotgun pipes with DEI off amazon. worked well.
Ran into a guy on a trip through Nevada who said that eventually the wrap will crystallize the metal pipes and cause them to crack...
Never heard of that before ..... :crzy:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Bought DEI Titanium wrap, and installed it not on my Vic but on my friends HD as that pipes looked like C&#$P

easy to install, the forum members helped me with instructions, copied below;

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=88946

read and enjoy....

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
So, now the big question. Is it possible to wrap the headers on XCT without removing the pipes? Looks like a lot of close clearances... Not feeling ambitious enough to unbolt a bunch of stuff...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
So, now the big question. Is it possible to wrap the headers on XCT without removing the pipes?
Only one word I can think of Broggs ..... No ?:crzy:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
So, now the big question. Is it possible to wrap the headers on XCT without removing the pipes? Looks like a lot of close clearances... Not feeling ambitious enough to unbolt a bunch of stuff...
Dear broggyr, you did not read the link i posted, hahahahhahahahahaha

:ltr:

Anyway it was a 1 day job removing and wrapping, and replacing all the galvanizing bolts with stainless etc no biggie
:D

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I did skim through it, but figured I would ask because I didn't see anything referencing the XCT. However, if you had to do all that on a steel-framed bike then it would probably be even worse for me.

Of course, I'm such a lazy bastard, I will work extra hard to find an easy way lol

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
+++++ 1 thumb up

totally understandable, hahahah :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks for the info! I just ordered DEI titanium from Amazon. 2"x50' for $42 plus free shippingthumb up
Don't forget your ties , you will need 8 of them !cheers

·
Registered
682 Posts
Take your time and wrap even and tight. It looks great when it's done. Mags gave me advice when I did mine. Thanks buddycheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Take your time and wrap even and tight. It looks great when it's done. Mags gave me advice when I did mine. Thanks buddycheers
Anytime , help you any way I can Brother !cheers

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
death wrap!

sooner or later your pipes will die when wrapped. too bad they are not at least 304 stainless as it holds almost 3 times the heat in the pipe + would withstand wrapping longer. read where its very important not to overlap too much which will kill the pipes sooner. also its reported its impossible to clean. ti thought about wrapping under the heat shields as little is seen + when the pipes are done just buy another set

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Mags gave me advice when I did mine. Thanks buddycheers
And I thought that I was the only one LILMAG helped out.... thumb up

There is a lot of info on this site, but you have to filter out the experienced persons..... who actually already done it, and not dreamt it.

:D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
wrapped + dirty

once wrapped pipes get girty + oily they stay that way, kinda like a well used garage rag around the pipes. 304 stainless is by far the best exhaust material, wish someone made a 2-1 system for my hammer from 304 stainless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts