Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My idle air controller screw came out... while replacing it I unplugged this plug that was behind the cheese wedge. I spaced plugging it back in... took my bike for about a 30 mi round trip with the check engine light on before I realized that plug was not reconnected. so I'm just curious what that powers and if I could have did anything wrong to my bike. I plugged it back in started the bike the check engine light went out like normal everything seems fine. but I still want to know. lol
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
Idle air control.
Bike can probably run without it just not very well.
My understanding this is how bike will figure out barometric reading when you turn key on and adjust tables. Plus doing whatever else it's doing. :)

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Adjusts AFR based on predetermined AFR table, MAP sensor, TPS and engine temp.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I knew someone would say what else it is doing, thanks. :)

Although I thought most that was adjusted by the tables in the ECU not the IAC itself. :unsure:
There was a discussion on other forum where someone was messing with the barometric table and asking about it. I never mess with that one.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now is that the screw that adjusts the AFR? the one I accidentally unscrewed until it popped out? Then the plug determines engine temp, map sensor, and TPS? the strange part is the bike actually ran pretty normal without it plugged in. I do have a power Commander v with Auto-Tune maybe there was some adjustments on the fly.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If you unscrewed the screw you are never supposed to touch you might be screwed. It's adjusted to a set point but that's all I know about it. Maybe you got it close enough when you put it back, maybe not. I have no idea how to know, but if bike seems to be running fine then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you unscrewed the screw you are never supposed to touch you might be screwed. It's adjusted to a set point but that's all I know about it. Maybe you got it close enough when you put it back, maybe not. I have no idea how to know, but if bike seems to be running fine then I wouldn't worry about it.
I bought the bike brand new in 2013. I've messed with that screw a few times. It's supposed to idle at a little above a thousand when it's cold. Then when it warms up it's supposed to drop down just a little under a thousand. That screw seems to fine-tune that. and it's got a screwdriver head on it so I assumed that it's an adjustable screw. well to sum it up seems like everything is working like pretty well now I'll have to run a tank out of it to see if the gas mileage is screwed up or anything. and I thank everybody for their replies...

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yeah if it's idling fine then I don't think you have anything to worry about on it. Just be sure you plug it back in next time. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts